Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Annual Pilgrimage.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregarious
Honored Guest of the House
Gregarious

The Annual Pilgrimage.  Empty
PostSubject: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The last time he had come, nearly a full year before, he had been riding Jurisdiction and had brought a cote sired by Jurisdiction as a gift for his godson. Now he had a new ride, Jurisdiction, his faithful companion for as long as Gregarious could remember had been lost at the battle of Carlisle. He had been magnificent in that final charge. Never wavered. Even to a horse it must have been clear that there were simply to many foot soldiers to be able to win clear, but he had never wavered.

A quick visit to deliver the gifts of the season and to put a face in. He had been away to long, but it seemed that life would only allow this once a year.

So many companions from this one family had entered Gregarious' life. Starting with Alex and culminating so far in Seamus. He was not here very often, but these days this was as much a home as anywhere to him. The familiarity of the lands and the trees. He was at peace here.

Dismounting at the stable gate he leaves his horse with the stable boy and goes to look in on Jurisdictions son.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Jeremy ran to the castle from the stables looking for Lady Caitilin. He found her in the training hall with her new squire. Ghostwriter and Seamus. Breathless, he stammered between gulps for air. M'Lady...the Knight...Commander...Sir Greg..arious. He..he is in the ... stables. He just arrived. Cait sheathed her sword and spoke to her cousin and Ghost. Please continue your spar. A wide grin curved her lips as she ran to the Stryke stables. Not stopping to change from her leggings and tunic. Thank you, Jeremy. she called as she ran out.

As Caitilin approached the building she slowed. Her face was red and damp with perspiration. She smoothed back the loose curls and entered looking for her knight and mentor. A long line of stalls stretched on both sides of the wide isle. Many now occupied by the mounts of the guest of the conference. Cait looked down the row one way and then the other. My Lord Gregarious, are you in here? Her voice echoed in the rafters. Gerald, came out of the tack room and nodded down toward the door to the corral. Aye, m'Lady. The gent be about look'n for Master Alex's colt, Justice. Or as the young master calls 'em Gussy. Gerald chuckled and pointed down the way. Thank you, Gerald. Would you go up to the castle and ask Marie to prepare rooms for Lord Gregarious, not in the guest wing but with the family... and make sure there is a pot of that special blend of tea ready ...and maybe some of her delightful lemon cakes. Cait turned to search for Gregarious but turn and called back. ...and a bottle of Lord Hagman's special single malt as well. She smiled at the older gentleman and finally turned away as he left mumbling and smiling. Aye and ya know Marie'll pleased tae see the gent after such a long time away.

Caitilin called out in the relative quiet. My Liege? Lord Gregarious?
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 am

Gregarious heard the conversation, Gussy indeed, well that would just have to go unmentioned for now after all the horse was not his. Likely Jurisdiction would not have minded. Gregarious smiles to himself, Jurisdiction was a stuffy old horse, but not all that stuffy really.

"Aye, m'dear. I have just been looking in on Justice. I see he is growing like a weed. I trust young Alex will be big enough to ride him soon, Justice looks about ready for a master. I am sorry I am late to the ball once more it seems. I trust the conference goes well. Baldar will be in his glory no doubt."
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Caitilin heard hat familiar voice and smiled warmly at Gregarious. She looked around to make sure no one was about and then walked up to hug him and kissed his cheek. It is wonderful to see you here again. It has been too long. I'm ashamed that I have not been to visit Cockermouth Castle. I have no excuse. Can you forgive me? Cait stepped to the stall and stroked the yearling's muzzle. Yes, he is growing and he has spirit. She looked at Gregarious and smiled. It will be long time until Alex is able to master Justice and I have no experience training a war horse. Dance is agile but lacks the strength or Jurisdiction and Diablo.

She slipped her arm through his. Come up to the castle and rest awhile from your journey. You can put your two pence in at the conference if you wish. As you say, my husband is in his element with the world's leaders. She chuckled softly. I doubt that he has even noticed that I have retired to train with Ghostwriter and Seamus. Who, by the way, is doing quite well. I was surprised at the skill she has exhibited. I left she and cousin Seamus in the training hall. Would you like to observe or would you prefer to train a new war horse. Cait looked around as Gerald returned. M'Lady all is prepared for his Lordship. He nodded to Sir Gregarious and knuckled his forehead in salute. My Lord where is your mount? I would like to greet the old boy. Caitilin wondered where the great Jurisdiction was stalled.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:59 am

Jurisdiction? He fell at the battle of Carlisle, I am riding an army horse these past months. I cannot bring myself to replace the old boy, though I have had offers from a few old friends. I will have to select a new charger soon or place myself in retirement as well. But I will never be able to replace him. I fear I and a new horse will not have the time to get properly acquainted.

Aiiane breeds horses and has a man that she says can train them as well. She has offered me a horse from her stables and recently an old friend from Ireland sent me a stallion as well from her stables. Either will make great chargers in their own right. They will make their riders proud.

Anyway. Gregarious waves away the subject with a dismissive motion of his hand.

Show me this training the Scotsman is taking. I would see him bested by an English lady. It is after all only right. It will tell me the world is still as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Cait patted the great man's arm and smiled softly. She knew the bond between mount and rider. She was still young but the demise of her own Dance would be a loss not easy to handle. RETIRE! You? Cait laugh out loud. Jah will not permit a warrior such as yourself to just fade away. I will see to that myself. If I may say, my Lord, you are one of the great ones. You have too much to impart to those hot headed young ones. I know, I am one of them. She lightly squeezed his arm and winked.

Shall we head to the training hall? If, they have not finished their spar, you can see what I mean by the shills they both show. Caitilin lowered her voice slightly and looked at Gregarious. Her demeanor took on an unfamiliar seriousness. You know, my Lord, my cousin has yet to ask anyone to take him as a squire. She faced her knight. It seems he is too humble to ask out right. And maybe it is not my place to say anything... She lowered her eyes to the ground, fidgeting with nervous fingers. ...but I think he would be a wonderful squire for a grand knight such as yourself. She raised her chin and met his gaze. She waited for him to speak, to tell her that it is Seamus' decision and that he, himself, had little time, that he would be too busy or that he just wanted to retire to his farms or sit in the Cockermouth Castle and rest. She waited to be chided for interfering. Caitilin waited for all of the reasons...

A messenger arrived from Rose Castle. Cait opened the parchment and clutched it to her heart. A smile graced her lips and her eyes well with tears.

Seamus in Rose Castle wrote:
Lairrds an' Ladies, if it should be acceptable, I would like to humbly petition Dame Caitilin to accept my service as her squire. I have not previously brought this forward due to concern that my brethren/sisters would cry nepotism, but I know Caiti would be pleased, so here it is.

I am so honored, my Lord. Was all she could utter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Annual Pilgrimage.    The Annual Pilgrimage.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Annual Pilgrimage.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle de StrYke :: Guest Area :: Stables and horse field-
Jump to: