Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A returning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregarious
Honored Guest of the House
Gregarious

A returning Empty
PostSubject: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:38 pm

It had been to long. The castle and its sables loomed on the horizon. To many bitter memories. Alexion, Hagman, Wraith, hash words across the kingdom and loved ones lost.

Time to build new memories.

Caitilin and Baldar, their son, his godson. Gregarious checked the reins he held in his left hand. Leads on a young foal, not a year yet but strong. Much like his sire Jurisdiction. He would serve his master well. As well as Jurisdiction had served him he hoped. Jacques Alexander.

The foal danced behind Jurisdiction, full of energy, fairly exploding from the ground when the pace was increased. It seemed he had inherited his fathers love of running. Big boned he was, he may not be as tall in the end as Jurisdiction, but he would be more than strong enough to carry a fully armoured knight to battle and home again.

Gregarious checked the bundle behind his saddle. Safely stowed as he knew it was he never the less ran a hand over it then leaned back into it, using it as a backrest.

Hailing a young lad running across the grounds he calls:

Would you announce to Lord Baldar and Lady Caitilin that the Knight Commander of the Knights of the Realms of England awaits their pleasure.

To long he had stayed away. To many losses, to much pain, not knightly to avoid such. Time to banish that pain and make a new world. Gregarious raises a camp flask and pours a libation. To you my brother Hagman my son Alex, rest in peace I will join you soon enough. He then takes a quick sip and places the flask back in the saddlebag.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:35 pm

The day had started in a frenzy. Preparation for the coming conference had been hard and every detail was overseen by Caitilin herself. Each guest room was made ready, the silver polished and every nook and crany was cleaned until it sparkled. With the arrival of their guests there was an increase of guards posted. The safety of the world's leaders and ambassadors was high priority. But this morning after taking time to play with their son, Alex, Cait had to clear her mind. What better way than a ride? Leaving their son in the capable hands of Marie, Lady de Lusignon rode out to survey the castle grounds once more. She was gone longer than she intended. Caitilin had taken chase of the large stag that roamed the hunting grounds. But had again lost him in the deep forest.

When she returned she went directly to the stables. It was Cait's habit to groom her own mare. Inside the stall she brushed Dancer. The sleek white Arabian stood contentedly and Cait hummed while she worked.

She stood straight up as she heard the booming voice call out. A voice she had grown to love hearing.

Gregarious wrote:
Would you announce to Lord Baldar and Lady Caitilin that the Knight Commander of the Knights of the Realms of England awaits their pleasure.

She handed to brush to her stable hand, Jeremy, and ran out to greet the Knight Commander. Her face lit up at the sight of her knight and she curtsied to their honored guest.

My Lord Gregarious! What a joy to have you here. Welcome back to our home. You have been absent too long. Baldar will be thrilled to see you and it is high time you met your godson, Alex. She smiled softly. And perhaps we will get that opportunity at the closing ball for me to prove my ability to dance.

Caitilin called for Jeremy to attend to Gregarious' stallion. Standing next to the great, black warhorse, the foal he lead was hidden until she stepped back to allow her knight to dismount. Bending just enough to see under Jurisdiction, she grinned. What is this I see? Has your horse grown new legs or are you training his replacement as you train yours? She laughed. The joy of this day put the sparkle in her bright blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:17 pm

A replacement of Jurisdiction? Nay I think he will outlast me m'dear. I know your horse preference but I thought my godson should have a proper charger for the day he receives his spurs. Gregarious smiles. Aye I am of the old ways, you know this.

I thought they could grow up together. This young one should see my godson to his spurs at least.

Come now and greet me properly. I see no knights of the Realms about nor do I see any husbands Gregarious winks and raises his arms to bring her in.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Caitilin stepped forward into his embrace and hugged Gregarious tightly. It is good that you are here, she whispered. Stretching up beyond her full height, she kissed his cheek and then released her grasp. Cait held tight to his hand. The look in her eyes let him know of the sadness she held deep inside for those not here to greet him.

The coal black foal pranced nearby, a miniature image of his sire. A smile formed on her lips. He is magnificent! I'm sure that one day Alex...that's what Baldar and I call our son, will ride proudly beside his Godfather.

Gerald hurried across the stable courtyards and bowed. Please take very special care of these two mounts. She ordered.

Cait slipped her arm though Gregarious' and turned to walk to the castle entrance. Come, m'Lord, I will make a fresh pot of tea and there is warm lemon cake in the kitchen. You must want to rest after the long ride. Gerald, our Stable Master, will take good care of Jurisdiction and.... Cait stop short and looked to Gregarious. What is his name? A fine warhorse such as this deserves a proud name.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:42 am

Aye m'dear he does at that. But I have not taken that right. You and your husband should name him in your sons stead.

You made them? The cakes? Gregarious' eyes twinkle at the thought.

That would be wonderful, something to warm the belly and something to fill it as well. I do not seem to enjoy these long rides as much as Jurisdiction does these days. A spot of tea and some cakes that is just the thing. Then I need to be properly introduced to my godson.

Remembering he calls to the groom.

Hold good man. He trots back to Jurisdiction and recovers the box behind his saddle. A little surprise for later.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 pm

I must be totally honest with you. No, I did not bake them. But I will make tea. Caitilin grinned at Gregarious.

She stood waiting for her mentor. When he return she took his arm again. After you have had a chance to rest and refresh, you will hold in your arms the young man that will one day have the honor to be accepted as your squire. As they walked she chattered excitedly of her son and how he had grown and of his future training.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:20 am

Disappointment showed on his face

Well I am sure they will be lovely non-the-less.

Aye it will be a true honour to met the lad at last. I am sorry I was ....detained in Carlisle so long m'dear. I would have been along much sooner had circumstances not been as they were.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:59 pm

My dear Greg... Cait blushed at the sound of such familiarity from herself. ....m'Lord Gregarious, I mean. We have both stayed away too long. But come let's remember the joy and begin a new chapter here before the cakes get too cool. Smiling, she tugged lightly on Gregarious' arm in the direction of the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A returning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A returning   A returning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle de StrYke :: Guest Area :: Stables and horse field-
Jump to: