Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have NO clue

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 am

Early in the morning, I walk up to the stables, just looking at the horses available. I'm a bit intimidated, as I've never ridden before, but so far, everybody looks like they know what they're doing - so today would most likely be humorous and educational

I continue looking at this one horse, being attracted by its sleek coat - although it does look extremely powerful, I'm just drawn to it. I whistle, and it looks right at me for a bit, then continues eating. I chuckle, and just continue to watch, waiting for Caitilin or Jakob

I have NO clue Friesian-horse
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

As jakob walked down the garden path, walking near he stables, he saw a figure standing by the horses. As he squinted to get a better look at the figure, he chuckled to himself as he regonized Ben. As he neared him, he called out to him with a smile.

Oy! Ben! What brings you out here? Last i saw you, you had your head buried in the library books.

Jakob grinned at him teasingly,

Oh well, you could use some sun.

Jakob chuckled, and then smiled at the horse Ben had been watching,

Ben, meet my horse, Dusty. He is one of the finest steeds in England, de Stryke horses have a reputation of being very high quality.

Jakob chuckled, and then patted Dusty's nose softly, whispering to him. As an idea hit him, he turned to Ben with a grin,

You wanna ride him?
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Ignoring the library comment, I chuckle, a bit nervous. Really? I've... never ridden before....

I look at the horse, admiring its beauty. Its your horse? He's... stunning. But I could never ride

I look at Jakob, and chuckle
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Cait entered the stable with Gerald, the stable master and Dancer's groom. He was carrying the supplies for the day, her bow and a quiver of arrows. The sun was not up yet but she had been awake for hours. She was dressed in hunter green leather trousers and jerkin over a white high collared shirt. He soft leather boot laced up to the knee. Cait long dark hair was down but tied back with a dark green satin ribbon. She smiled to see that Ben and Jakob were already there waiting. Good morning, gentlemen. Are you ready for a grand hunt?

She finished giving instructions to Gerald. As he went about packing her saddle bags and saddling her mare, Caitilin joined Jakob and Ben.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Jakob chuckled at Ben's nervousness, and then gave him a grin:

Ok ok, maybe your not ready for Dusty just yet. Hmm...

Maybe we should let you have a shot at snowflake...

Jakob chuckled as he wondered what horse that Ben thought he was speaking of, and then with a grin, he went inside the stable to retrieve the animal, returning a moment later in front of Ben with a big smile on his face, and Snowflake at his side:

I have NO clue Donkey

Grinning at Ben's expression, Jakob heard cait's voice, and then turned to her

Hey there Cait! Thought I would give Ben some riding lessons today.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Waiting for the horse that Jakob's bringing out, I look towards him, and I snort. Snowflake doesnt look that... huntingworthy.

Hearing Caitilin's voice, I turn, and nod my head in respect. Good morning Caitilin - Jakob's just recommending me a.... well, a "steed". How are you? I chuckle, and lean against the fence, not making any movements towards the ass - or the donkey
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Unable to contain her laughter, Cait had to sit down on a nearby bale of straw. Oh Jakob, you are evil. You are going to have Ben thinking we have a poor stable indeed. She motioned to the stable master. Gerald will you please find a suitable mount for our friend Ben, please. Perhaps one of the more gentle mares. He has never ridden before.

Gerald bowed and looked Ben over with a raised eyebrow. Hmmm, never been on a horse before, young master? We'll find you something. He walked pat them and down the row of stalls, stopping now and then thinking. He would shake his head and move on to the next stall.

This may take awhile. Cait grinned at Ben.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I wait, sneaking mocking glares at Jakob - I'm not serious, but just trying to make it seem that way. Turning back to Caitilin, I smile

So your stablemaster must REALLY know his horses, if he's taking this long I say, grinning
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Jakob, tries to hold in his muffled laughter at ben's expression, and Caitilin's laughter, he then leads Snowflake into the stables once more, and then mounts Dusty, and leads him out next to Cait and Ben, and jumps off while patting him gently.

Well, Cait, Ben, ready for the hunt?
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:12 pm

I continue to lean against the fence. I glare at Jakob Well, not right now, as, you know - I dont have a horse yet. I continue to wait

Eventually, Gerald returns, riding the back of a magnificent horse - several hands high, a magnificent black colour, and kind eyes.

Here you go my lord, will this horse suffice? Eyes wide, I nod, just looking at the beautiful horse.

Gerald nods, and gets off the horse, walking back to the castle after making sure everything is under control. I take the reins, and smile - then wonder how on earth to get ON said horse. I look sheepishly up at Caitilin. W... whats next? I ask, staring at the ground.

I have NO clue ShireHorseWPD_Ap4H
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Soon....soon! I know you are impatient but we have to get a mount for Ben. Jeremy brings Dancer out saddled and ready.

When Gerald road up on the shire horse, Cait smiled. He was one the gentlest horses in the in the stale. Well Jeremy needs to saddle him for you and then we'll go from there.

Jeremy giggled and Cait gave him a look that said it all. Yes, m'Lady he replied as he led the beast away.

Minutes later.........

Here ya are , Sir. He said and handed the reigns to Ben with a smirk. Then hurried away.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 pm

I smile gratefully at Jeremy - ignoring his smirk. I chuckle. This... now how do I get ON!? I pet my horse softly, and smile

What's his name? And who does he belong to? I ask softly, loving the horse already
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Ben, his name is Raleigh. He is a companion to the rest of the horses. He was a great sire in his youth. Now he gets to rest. As Caitilin spoke she moved to Ben's side.

To mount, take the reigns in your right hand. Move to the right side of your horse. Hold on to the saddle front and back. She moves with their guest. Now slip your right foot in the stirrup and pull up hard while you swing you left leg over his back. Try it.

Caitilin stepped back and said a little prayer. She had been riding since she was a little girl in Scotland.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Nodding, I follow Caitilin's instructions - I move to the right side of Raleigh, and listen to the rest of her instructions. Taking a deep breath, I follow them all to the tee - somehow not screwing it up, and ending up sitting on Raleigh.

He moves a bit, and I grasp the reins tightly, not wanting to fall off. Easy Raleigh... easy I mutter, trying to stabilize myself
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 pm

WOO HOO!! Cait shouts.... Great start. Now ride around this area for a little while and we'll get started as soon as you're comfortable.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 pm

I chuckle, and pull on Raleigh's reins slightly, making him trot forward. I find that I'm quickly getting used to the horse's movements, and I laugh loudly.

This is Amazing!!! I yell, grinning WOOHOOO!!!!!
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Jakob sits back, while stroking Dusty, and watches Ben ride, praying to jah that he will fall off, because it would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 pm

I lean in closer to Raleigh, just pulling the reins a bit to slow down, and he takes me back to Jakob, where I chuckle.

Hah. I did it! Now... for hunting....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have NO clue Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have NO clue   I have NO clue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have NO clue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle de StrYke :: Guest Area :: Stables and horse field-
Jump to: