Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve Empty
PostSubject: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Please make sure that what your arrow is aiming at is actually food.

You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve 800pxcreekandoldgrowthfnj8
Back to top Go down
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:15 am

Esther found a couple of bows and some arrows for her and Umberlee to use. Not that Esther was planning to shoot hers. While she knew the proper way to handle and shoot a bow, her aim really was horrible. She lead Umberlee to the hunting preserve and waited for her friend to ready her bow.

It was then Esther realized there was something wrong about this venture...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:11 am

Umberlee took the bow and a couple arrows. Closing her eyes a moment she could just picture the image her and Esther made. Woman strong, Women determined, women on a mission. She opened her eyes, and laughed loudly! Oh great! Bee now you've gone and scared all the critters from here to Scotland away! She thought giving her friend a impish grin.

"I have ne'er done this before Esther!!" She admitted wondering why she even suggested it in the first place.

That didn't matter now, for Umberlee was not one to give up. She was determined to shoot something, and she would stay here all day and night if need be. "You said he was in the stables or training grounds.. Hagman that is, right? T'would assume Alex is there too?" Umberlee asked then added, "For I fear I do not want them coming near to witness this effort from me! I could only imagine the laughter had at my expense!!" Umberlees voice was quiet now, as her and Esther continued on deeper into the woods. Her ears and eyes alert to any sound and movement surrounding them.
Back to top Go down
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:53 am

"That is where I last saw them," Esther said. She looked a bit worriedly at how Umberlee was holding the bow and its arrow. Well there was more than one way to shoot an arrow, she supposed.

Esther returned her attention to the forest. They would probably have to enter a little further to find a couple of rabbits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Umberlee and Esther had walked for a while, they were deep into the forest now, where little sun came through the treetops to the floor below. It was beautiful, surreal and quiet.

Umber had turned to Esther as just as they were to go seperate ways. She was going to wish her luck, but at last moment she just waved with a smile. Umberlee figured she would need all the luck, and couldn't afford to give any away. With a look of concentration and determination she continued on until she found an old hallowed out tree stump. Perfect!! Umberlee said as she climbed in and waited.

Not sure how much time had gone by, Umberlee listened to all the sounds of the forest, there was something relaxing about this type of solitude and Umberlee let her mind and ears become alert to everything around. Umberlee snapped her head to the right when she heard some movement from the floor.

Umberlee felt a rush of excitement when she saw not one, but 3 rabbits munching away upon some greenery about 40 yards away. Lowering the bow in her left hand, she reached for an arrow with her drawing hand.

I suppose it would have been wise to ask how far this shortbow flew, and how far to draw back upon.... she cursed. Too late now.

Umberlee drew back upon the bowstring and arrow with three fingers, her left eye closed, and she focused on dinner. Not sure how far the correct draw length would be Umberlee went with instinct. Raising her bow arm towards the targets in front of her, she aimed for the biggest rabbit. Go big or Go home, she thought and nearly let out a warriors cry as she released the first arrow.
Back to top Go down
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Esther wrinkled her nose when Umberlee motioned them to separate. She really didn't want to go chasing after errant arrows. But she supposed she could try to see if she got lucky.

The green, moist scent of the forest surrounded her. High above her, she could hear the wind move the trees. The ground was springy and rose wherever her feet compressed it. In the shade, large mushrooms grew. Occassionally in the clearings, she found a berry patch or two.

Finally, she saw a lone rabbit digging up the root of some plant. Standing straight, she held her bow in front of her with her left arm slightly bent to avoid the bow string when it snapped back. Pulling back with three fingers, she brought her hand to her chin and rested it there lightly as she aimed. She released her arrow, only for it to plant itself in the trunk of a tree about six feet to the left of her prey.

The rabbit froze, sniffed the air and sprinted when it saw her. With a sigh, Esther retrieved the arrow and inspected it for damage. She notched it back on the bow and walked slowly and softly to find another rabbit. This time, she found a small group of them eating berries. To improve her odds, she aimed at the right most one.

The arrow hit the hind quarters of a rabbit to the left of the one she aimed for. She grabbed the little beast and quickly put it out of its misery.

"Well, at least we'll have one rabbit for tonight," Esther said to herself. "I wonder how Bee is doing?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:21 pm

The arrow took off cutting through the air and Umberlee winced as it hit its target straight through the neck.

"OH MY JAH!! I HIT IT!! I HIT IT!!"
Umberlee squealed and felt the rush of excitement course through her and she quickly jumped from the stump running towards the kill.

"OH MY JAH! Now what???!!" she dropped to her knees as she came to the little rabbit. The arrow was sticking straight up through the neck, and nailed solid into the ground.

Pulling on the arrow Umberlee was surprised at how hard it had sunk into the earth. Grimacing some as she continued to pull on the arrow, she felt squimish with the animal laying limp. It was then another movement caught her eye just to the right of where she was kneeling.

Grabbing up the bow, Umberlee didn't stop to use any judgement or sense as she stood and prepared to fire off her last arrow. Nocking the arrow as the bow pointed to the ground she wasn't paying any attention to her motions. Taking improper stance in her haste, her right leg was forward and her eyes were on her prey.

As Umberlee went to raise the bow, the arrow fired from the string and landed firmly into the inside of shin. Crying out in pain Umberlee fell to the ground as warm blood oozed from her flesh. Umberlee didn't know what happened, wouldn't be able to explain it she tried. Her hand went down to her shin in attempt to pull the arrow from her, but that only resulted in a fresh wave of a very torturous sting.
Back to top Go down
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Esther heard Umberlee's cry in the distance. Holding firmly on her bow and rabbit, she ran through the forest to reach her friend. On the way there, however, her bow got caught in a bush, causing her to lose her footing and fall on her rump. Smarting, she got up and jerked the bow from the bush, causing a branch to snap off and hit her solidly in the right eyes.

In pain and blinded in her right eye, Esther stumbled to where Umberlee was and saw her wounded leg. Ripping some clothing, Esther bandaged the wound as best she could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Having worked out hard all afternoon, Hagman decides to walk a while in the hunting areas, and enjoy being amongst nature's display. After a few minutes he heard the unmistakeable sound of a female voice cursing in pain. Following the distinct sounds he runs into a tiny clear area, where he sees Bee on the ground with an arrow through her calf, and Esther bandaging the leg with strips torn from some clothing. Stepping forward, he asks "What in Jah's name happened here?".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Umberlee looked up at Esther as she tended to her shin. "What in Jahs name happened to you?" Umberlee winced as she bound around the arrow as the shaft had penetrated deep into her flesh.

"What a mess we are. Did ye at least catch dinner? Did ye see---OUCH!" she winced and then burst out into laughter. "How am I to walk back? Bow legged?" Umberlee tried to ignore the pain by making jest.

"Are ye okay Esther truly?" Umberlee looked at her friends right eye which had already begun to show the distinct signs of a very black and blue bruise.

Umberlee nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard him. Closing her eyes, she could only imagine what the Rogue was thinking. Moving her head back to face upwards at Hagman she put on the best smile she could muster and pointed to dinner. "We're hunting Rogue, and if ye dare say another word..." She pointed to her kill, the arrow still sticking straight up in the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 pm

Looking quickly at Esther, and noting her eye, Hagman says, "Sister, if ye would bring the bows, and the critters, we should get Bee inside, so I can take a look at that arrow". Stepping over the the hare pinned to the ground he twists the arrow slightly, and yanks it loose with a single pull straight up. He then hands the bundle to his soon to be sister in law, "Just take it all like it is, I shall help with it once the other is done". With that he steps to Umberlee's side, and scoops her up in his arms like a hurt child, heading back toward the castle.
Back to top Go down
estherparacelsa
Ghost of the Family
estherparacelsa

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:12 pm

When Hagman came to them, Esther breathed a sigh of relief. He could at least carry Bee.

"Don't worry," she told her friend. "I will be fine."

Esther took Bee's rabbit from Hagman and picked up her catch and the bows. Following behind, Esther was glad that they had at least gotten two rabbits for dinner. Though, she would have been happier with a few more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Umberlee moaned and rolled her eyes as Hagman scooped her up. "Oh Jah my hero" she muttered under her breath. She was grateful he showed up but she felt embarrased beyond measure. Her shin throbbed and she did not want to think about what was to come. Truth was she was more worried about saving face infront of Hagman and Esther and she wasn't sure she'd be able to. The arrow would have to come out plain and simple.

Hagman, Esther and Umberlee headed back in silence to the Castle. Though they discussed and decided they were bringing her to the infirmary.

The silence was driving Umberlee mad, and she refused to look up and into his eyes. Biting her tongue she thought to herself, not bad Bee-two for two. Though next time try not to use yourself as a target.
Back to top Go down
LorD_StrYke
Founder of House - Dead
Founder of House - Dead
LorD_StrYke

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 am

His breath was shallow, even and controlled. He had not moved for over an hour now, still as a rock, arrow notched in his hunting bow, waiting, ever ready. Finally his prey showed itself. A doe moved quietly through the underbrush, searching for berries and greens to eat. He raised his bow, sighted his target, calmed his breathing more. His arm is steady, his target oblivious to its fate. He lets fly his steal tipped arrow as a gut wrenching scream breaks the morning calm. The doe looks up, ready to bolt. Too late. It lies there a few metres away, arrow through its heart. Dead. He looks around for the source of the scream, the doe forgotten. He frowns. He picks up the dead animal and hangs it over his shoulder, then makes his way back to the castle to find out who else left for the forest after him.
Back to top Go down
http://castlestryke.heavenforum.com

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:32 am

Lanz was strolling through the hunting grounds he met his brother running towards a place that is unknown to him. Thinking that where he is going is important, he quickly grabbed the doe away from his shoulder and said "I will take care of this brother, you do what you are supposed to do". Alex quickly vanishes as Lanz quickly returned to the castle to drop the load
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve   You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You are now entering the de Stryke Hunting Preserve
Page 1 of 1