Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A short trip to market

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A short trip to market Empty
PostSubject: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:42 am

Entering the stables, Hagman whistles for the great black stallion Courage, "Bright the day my lad, how about a bit of a ride, eh?" Hoping his brother will not mind, he brushes the stallion until he gleams, then saddles him, using a new bitless bridle. He then calls Umberlee's mare Meli, and brushes her in like manner, then saddles the mare using her own tack. His task finished, he gives the two horses a bit of apple as a treat, and waits for Lady Umberlee to arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:58 am

Umberlee had taken the long way to the stables and stopped short as Hagman could be seen grooming Meli.

A short trip to market Myhorse

Well I'll be! Umberlee thought to herself and came up rubbing the flank of her magnificant mare.

"Tis a shock to see my beauty take to thee. Must see something I dinnae Rogue" Umberlee said with a wink before taking to saddle. "Ack, see Rogue, tis why I nae wear frilly skirts and such things, tis quite a pain to ride proper." She moaned some and fixed her skirt as best she could. "Ah well, lets ride shall we Rogue, last one to the market buys!" Umberlee called out to Meli, kicking her into a full gallop.

Umberlee turned and all Hagman could hear was her laughter as in true Umber fashion she had taken the lead, before properly waiting an agreement to the race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 am

Mounting the great black, Hagman urges him out at a trot, laughing to himself. "She'll slow directly, I'm in too good a mood tae be racin' aboot this day. A nice peaceful ride is just the ticket for me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:37 am

Umber had ridden Meli for a bit well ahead of Hagman and Courage now she turned and frowned.

"See Meli, tis why I tell ye to stay away from Stallions and only go near Geldings, much easier to deal with I assure thee" she called to Meli turning her around to come up along side Hagman.

"Ye are just no fun ol'man, no fun at all." she was smiling inside but held a look most perturbed on the out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 am

Grinning hugely as he rode up, Hagman said to her, "Tis better tae be the old bull, an get the prize, than be the young bull an' just get worn out"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:54 am

Umberlee coughed at this, and added "M'dear Hagman what prize is this that ye speak of?" she eye'd him and leaned forward rubbing the neck of her beautiful mare. "I am none used to such a slow pace, the markets will be closed if we dinnae make it there by the end of the week." she moaned, what was it about him, that intrigued her so, she looked at him studying him but said, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short trip to market   A short trip to market I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A short trip to market
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castle de StrYke :: Guest Area :: Stables and horse field-
Jump to: