Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reception for the World Conderence Guests

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Reception for the World Conderence Guests Empty
PostSubject: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Reception for the World Conderence Guests Coombe-abbey-s-reception

Refreshment s were served in the the sitting room for the attendees and their guests of the world conference. Reception for the World Conderence Guests TeaCookies2Reception for the World Conderence Guests High-tea-at-Nider-Weisel-Ballarat_1107_CRKate-Morris_large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 am

Having been shown to her rooms, a maid was waiting there to assist her. Aiiane directed her to unpack her belongings and to freshen the dress she would wear with a good brushing. The chemise and bodice were of a pumpkin colored silk and the overskirt and sleeves were made of russet velvet and heavily embroidered around the hem of the skirt and slits of the sleeves with autumn colored leaves.

She then bathed, donned her gown and had the maid assist with dressing her hair. It was done simply, but with an intricate braid. A set of amber earbobs adorned her ears and around her neck was an ornate gold chain with a large oval of amber, which rested in the hollow of her throat. Encapsulated within the amber was the body of a small bee, its delicate wings extended as if in flight. The warmth of her body warmed the stone, making it almost glow.

With a last minute inspection to insure the pumpkin silk of chemise peeked through the sleeve slits perfectly and tweaking her cheeks to pink them, she descended and entered into the salon where the reception was being held. A servant came to inquire if she would care for refreshments and Aiiane requested a cup of watered wine, but declined anything else.

Soon she was slowly strolling around the room, taking a sip from her goblet every so often as she admired the architecture and décor of the room.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Baldar having made sure that all was well, headed for the Sitting room, wanting to make sure that the servents were doing there duty well to the guests, as he entered he saw a person he recognised,
who was wandering the room looking at the dècor.

Lady Aiiane, welcome I hope all is well and you are being looked after. May I say you look beautiful in this dress.

He calls a servent to bring him some wine, hopefully other guests will be coming soon.

Did you had a safe and pleasent journey??
he enquires

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Aiiane dipped a graceful curtsy, "Indeed, Lord Baldar, I had a most pleasant journey. The weather has yet to turn so foul that it makes for impassable or uncomfortable roads." Smiling and olding up her goblet for inspection, "As you can see, I have been well attended, both here and in my rooms. I thank you the gracious hospitality of yourself and your lovely wife and the compliment."
Back to top Go down
Marie
Loyal Family Servant
Marie

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Marie slipped into the sitting room and made a deep curtsy to Lord of the castle and his guest. Good day m'Lord. I hope everything is to your satisfaction. May I get your a goblet of wine? The elder woman curtsied to Lady Aiiane. My Lady if there is anything you require please ask one of the staff and it will be provided. Her eyes scanned the room and nodded to the waiting servants that had been assigned their duties by Geoffrey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Roberta was shown to her room where she refreshed herself from her travels to the de Stryke castle. She was sure this would prove to be an interesting gathering.

Once she was ready, she found her way to the sitting room, where the reception was being held.

Hello Lady Aiine, Lord Baldar. She requested wine from the servant and walked to Aiine and Baldar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Aiiane gave Roberta a warm smile, "Greetings, mi'lady. I hope you fare well this day. Did Lord Chrisius accompany you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Nodded to Aiine. Yes, the travel here was pleasant. No, Lord Chrisius was needed in Cornwall for matters of security. But I will be sending him letters from here. How is your family doing, milady? Roberta sipped her wine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Aiiane gave a small shrug of her shoulders, "Our family has had its share of woes of late. The death of Princess Gabrielle was a blow and now I have word that her beloved husband and my cousin, Pieter, has taken ill and is not expected to recover. The physician feels he has not the heart to live on without his Gabby. However, not all is darkness, for I am now custodian of my great-niece, Josina Hamilton-deGrey. She is the child of Lord Serdan and Lady Brianna." She gave a brief laugh, "I am learning to be a parent - at rather an old age for it."
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 pm

After spending some time with Alex and Balian, Caitilin dressed in a dark blue velvet and silk gown. As she hurried through the castle corridors to meet with their guests, she went over last minute details in her mind. She stopped outside the entrance to the sitting room and smoothed a few of the loose curls that lay softly on her cheek. Entering she smiled, seeing faces of dear friends. Cait walked up beside Baldar and kissed his cheek and greeted Lady Aiiane and Lady Roberta.

Ladies, I'm so happy you could both make it. I hope you have found your rooms comfortable.
She took a small glass of mead from a serving tray and sipped it. Lady Aiiane will Sir Gregarious be joining you? You know he is Alex's Godfather and is always welcome. Turning to Roberta, Cait hugged her suddenly. I hear congratulations are in order, m'Lady. I'm so happy for you and Chrisius. He is a good man. How are things in Cornwall? It has been so long since we have been home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Rothar after a delightful nap, takes a bath and found William had laid out all the clothes on the side of his bed.
He gently puts on his ceremonial kilt, and best shirt and hurries down to the sitting room.

He already see's a number of new arrivals, makes his way down and smiles at all the guests.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello Lord Rose. May I introduce the Lady Roberta ConDoin of Cornwall and the Lady Aiiane de Grey of Cumberland. You already know my husband Baldar, correct? Ladies, Lord Rothar Rose, the Chamberlain of the county of Ayr in Scotland. Cait nods to one of the servants. Roth, my friend, may I offer you a drink or some refreshments. We've a fine stock of Scottish whiskey compliments of my dear brothers and my husband.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Aiiane laughed lightly, "I think Lord Gregarious avoids my company as much as he is able. I fear I am too staid a companion after the fiery Lady Ellsbeth." She not not one to wear her heart upon her sleeve and Gregarious looked not upon her as he had so done his Lady for whom, Aiiane suspected, he still grieved. Thankfully thoughts were turned elsewhere with the appearance of another guest.

She dipped her graceful cursty, rose smiling at the newcomer, "Lord Rose? I....I was once kin to a Rose through marriage to my cousin Jill. I don't suppose you are related?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Roth, smiles well its certainly a pleasure to meet you all.
Rothar *bows* towards the ladies direction, Lady Roberta ConDoin, Lady Aiiane.

Shakes Baldar's hand, "its always a pleasure to catch up with you and Cait."
How are you both been doing? "I hear you have two kids now? Roth said"

I think I could do with a drop of that Scotland Whisky now, winks at Cait.

Last edited by Rothar on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Chris and I both mourn the loss of Princess Gabrielle. Please accept my condolences from both Chris and myself. I am sorry to hear about Pieter. Roberta closed her eyes in a brief prayer. It is good to hear that the family still grows with the young. Chris and I have not spoken of children yet, but Misty, Chris's sister keeps giving hints that she wishes to be an aunt. And we have news that another of his sisters is near to giving birth.

Roberta returned Caitilin's hug. Thank you for inviting me here, Caitilin. Oh, yes, thank you, Roberta blushes a bit, still feeling the rush of her engagement to Chrisius. Cornwall is well. We are in the midst of a new election. Chris and I have started a new party. The Libertas. Roberta chuckles behind her hand. It is amusing that Chris has started a political party, when this time last year you couldn't have dragged him near the Council Chambers. He is doing very well as Captain and if I win Countess, he will continue. She sips her wine. How are you and your family, Caitilin?

Roberta curties to the Lord Rose in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Marie
Loyal Family Servant
Marie

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Marie walks over to Lord Rose with a tray containing a large Scottish whiskey. She clears her throat quietly and offers it to the ambassador with a wink. This will warm you, m'Lord and the room around you. I was ask to tell you that the Lady Beckiboo has arrived and will be joining you presently. She curtsied quickly and turned to the ladies. May I get you something m'Ladies? Her smile was warm and genuine as always.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Cait placed her hand gently on Aiiane's. Aiiane I'm sorry I had hoped that the commander would have moved past.... Well, as he always told me ad infinitum until I took it as my motto, it will take time. She understood the pain she saw in the lady's face.

When Marie appeared at Roth's side she nodded. Marie could you get me a cup of tea please? She turned back to the small group.

Chris in politic? That will be a thing to see. She had to laugh herself. Caitilin had sworn she would never go into politics again after her short term with the Cornwall council but here she was again. I understand. Ironic isn't it? I'm up for election for the Cumberland council this next term. Baldar and I are seriously considering moving to the north. It's a 14 day journey from Plymouth to Carlisle and we have spent so much time on the border defending, it just made sense. Marie had returned with a steaming cup of herbal tea. As for the family, the boys are growing so fast and Alex looks more like Baldar every day. He's learning to ride the colt that his Godfather brought him. I'm so proud of them both. She smiled at Roberta, picturing Chrius with a child bouncing on his knee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am

Merlyna arrives after a long trip from Worcester to the Castle. After freshening up she is shown to a sitting room where other dignitaries have already gathered. She nods to those she passes on her way to a comfortable seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:07 am

Rothar takes the glass of Scotch Whisky, and smiles a very good drop.
"Thanks Marie, I'm sure that will warm me up just fine."
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 am

Caitilin smiled when Merlyna joined them. Lady Merlyna, welcome. Will the Duke be joining us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 am

Tasite was shown to her room where she could refresh herself from her travels to the de Stryke castle. Once ready, she found her way to the sitting room, where the reception was being held where other prominent people have already gathered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:49 am

Aiiane gave Cait a warm and understanding smile, letting her know that her compassion was appreciated without actually saying the words. This did not seem to be the appropriate place for such discourse, and Aiiane was unaccustomed to unburdening herself, even with her closest associates. Nor did she take offense at Lord Rothar's slight of her question. After all, there were a goodly number of people about, all speaking with one another and her question could have easily gotten lost in the low hum of all the voices. It was of little import anyway.

She still had a goodly amount of watered wine in her cup and thus declined Marie's gracious offer with a smile and slight shake of her head. Other guests were arriving and she moved off a short ways so that Lady Caitilin could greet them properly.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:42 pm

After freshening up slightly in the room she was shown to Becki made her way downstairs to the sitting room where she had been told the reception was. Walking in she looked around for someone she knew and smiled when she saw Roth. Walking over to him she said "Well hello there. How you doing Roth?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Becki its wonderful to see you fine lass.
I'm doing very well, thank you.
I hope you had a pleasant journey down, feel free to call out for Marie.

She will attend to any refreshments you desire, Becki. Smile

Last edited by Rothar on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Merlyna smiled warmly at Caitilin while giving a slight shrug.

I'm afraid I dont know m'lady. I havent spoken with him in almost a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reception for the World Conderence Guests   Reception for the World Conderence Guests I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reception for the World Conderence Guests
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next