Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference Dinner

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

World Conference Dinner Empty
PostSubject: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Dinner was to be served in one of the castle dinning rooms. World Conference Dinner Arundel_castle_diningroom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Rothar walked in and was early, he saw Cait was busy directing the servants around.
He gazed out of the window, " looking at all that snow ".

He was kind of feeling a bit sad reflecting on not been home for christmas with his family.
But here in the grand castle, he looked at the big christmas tree that stood in the
dining room corner with a bunch of presents around it.
The Christmas Tree stood high and majestically, illuminated the entire room,
with all the candles sitting in the tree.

Roth decided to stay around and wait to see who may come.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:51 am

The room had been transformed. The holidays were upon them. Cait loved Christomas and the castle was decorated. each room a wonder land.

A large tree stood in the by the window on the dining room. World Conference Dinner Tree-and-Roman-candles-704502-1

As the guest entered the staff showed each to their place.World Conference Dinner Yuledinner

World Conference Dinner Yuledinner1 The table was set with the finest the castle possessed.
And the large hearth blazed shining of the season's spirit. World Conference Dinner Yulefireplace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:33 am

Nilli entered the room behind the Lady Caitilin and was almost blinded with the light of the many candles reflected in ever so many shining surfaces. Ah yes, a true English Christmas decoration. She could not help a grin when she thought of Sister Innozenzia's rantings about the lavish trappings in English and wannabe-English households. In this huge room, she found it rather nice, making even the stone walls look cosy. A housemaid showed her to a seat, where Nilli remained standing, waiting for the other guests and the hosts to arrive and sit down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Wow Cait where did you find the time to decorate the great hall and dining room
it looks wonderful. Smile

Roth saw Nilli seated, and sitting by herself he wasn't sure if their was a seating
arrangement or not. But decided to go and sit down beside her for the moment.

It's nice to see you Lady, Nilli. I guess this embassy conference you sure can
get hungry with a big appetite. Rothar smiles at Nilli.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Becki wondered into the dining room and smiled at the decorations. Spying Rothar sitting next to a lady she hadn't met yet Becki wondered over and sat down too. "Hey Roth, you had to get here first right lol." Turning to the lady Becki smiled and said, "Hi there, I am Becki. I hope this old scottish relic is being his usual charming self. I am Ayr's Ambassador to France."
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:21 pm

As the delegates began to take seats around the table Caitilin and Baldar entered followed by the feast. World Conference Dinner The-servants-carrying Cait made an announcement as the champagne was being poured. World Conference Dinner Champagne3-1.

My Lords and Ladies, Doges, your Graces, Princes and Excellencies. To all of our guests may I bid you welcome to our table. The fare is simple but the company is extraordinary. Cait lifted a glass of wine and handed one to Baldar. She raised her glass to all present. May our time together here be fruitful and may it bring our world a little closer.

Others made their way to the dining room and the food was brought in and prepared to be served. World Conference Dinner Banquetthepig

Marie and Gerald took their place to carve the roasted boar. World Conference Dinner Banquetroastpig

World Conference Dinner TU0403_Holiday-Hens_lg Roast pheasant from the castle grounds was prepared.

There were plates of steamed potatoes with wild herbs. World Conference Dinner Banquetfood

World Conference Dinner Epartytray And trays of exotic fruits World Conference Dinner Fruit20and20Cheese20Platter1

OH YES...and sweets World Conference Dinner Chocolatecenterpiece1

Please take a seat where you wish. She smiles at Lord Rother, Chancellor of Ayr. Thank you, m'Lord I hope it brings a touch of the holidays to you, being so far from your home. My Lady Becki, I hope you are enjoying your stay with us.

Last edited by Caitilin* on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am

Gosh you might have to cart us all up to our rooms, if we have to eat all of this. hahaha Razz

Roth took his plate and went around got some pork, some game pheasant, and had some vegetable and fruit to the side.
Looks like a wonderful meal. He motioned to Marie for another refill of Scottish whiskey, mmmmm Cait you and Baldar
have both out done yourselves. Smile
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:06 am

Cait smiled and nodded to her friend, Roth.

It is nothing. A simple family meal that we are more that happy for our guests to share. I hope you enjoy it.

She chuckled and leaned close to Baldar, kissing his cheek. Am I not right, my love?

Next to each place setting around the table was a gift. Not just to celebrated the season but to commemorate the spirit of this conference. Cait had taken great pains to have a silversmith craft a ring that would given to each of their guests. World Conference Dinner 875_Friendship%20Ring%20_Askewed%20Right300

Her hope was that each would remember what began here and that hands were joined in mutual friendship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Dressed in his finest kilt and tartan, the silver torque at his neck shining, the great ruby on his signet winking in the candlelight, young Seamus strolls into great dining room to see if supper is ready yet. He had been doing arms training in the salle, and it had given him a huge appetite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Ghost had washed and changed into one of her good dresses and tidied her hair after a training session in the training hall. As she was getting ready a message was brought to her from Caitilin reminding her of dinner and smiling Ghost had finished getting ready and walked to the Guests Dining Room.

Entering the dining room Ghost looked around and saw most of the guests already there. Moving quietly to a place at the back nearest the doors Ghost sat down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Awwwww, what a splendid ceremonial ring !!!

Roth will certainly wear it in good health, thanks very much Baldar and Cait. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Nilli smiled at Rothar's words. Well, I can't say anything about the conference yet, except that there seem to be quite cooperative people present. But nearly a month of sailor's food surely leaves one craving for such treats. She turned around to the lady who had approached them in the meantime. Lady Becki, I am most pleased to meet you. I cannot find anything to complain about the Lord Rothar, she smiled. Then she noticed the ring next to her plate. Um Himmels Willen! she exclaimed quietly. She went up to the lord and lady of the house before she started eating to thank them. Mylord Baldar, Mylady Caitilin, thank you for that amazing gift. I am speechless in the face of your generosity. She bowed her head slightly and proceeded to try the different delightful delicacies on the tables. She kept looking about her, but found none of the faces she was looking for. So she ate with relish, although of course in her best manners, and had some light conversation with the present dignitaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Roberta came in from the conference room, grateful for a break. Finding her place at the dining table, she finds a beautiful silver ring.

She waits for the rest of the conference members to enter.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Cait smiled at Lady Roberta as she took a seat. Boo, I mean your Grace, I'm so happy you could be here. I know that Val's words in the conference room may have put a veil over these proceedings but I really think much will be gained by everyone here. Even if it is just becoming acquainted with each other and the counties we live in. She turned and watched her husband with great admiration. In a whispered voice she continued. I know that Baldar is very happy with what has been discussed so far. We both would like to see more of a working agreement between the countries regarding the security of the sea lanes. Cait motioned for one of the servants to fill Lady Roberta's glass. As he bowed she asked him to make sure everyone wanted for nothing. She nodded to Marie and over to Lord Rothar. Marie nodded and went to the Chancellor of Ayr with a fine bottle of whiskey.

Making her way around the table, Caitilin greeted her guests again personally serving champagne. My dear Lady Nillicwyed, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Becki you look lovely tonight. If there is anything you need please let me know. She grinned at Roth. I know what you want and just let Marie know and she'll make sure you have a full bottle at all times.

Cait rounded the table as Seamus and Lady Ghostwriter entered. Ahhh I see my two squires survived their first spar. I'm sorry I had to leave but the Knight Commander arrived and I had to greet him personally. I hope you had a good work out. Cait winked at them both. She knew Seamus well and had a feeling that Ghost was much like herself when challenged. Come both of you, you must be hungry. She stepped between the two and linked arms, leading them to the table. Whiskey for my cousin, Seamus, Anthony! And for you, Ghost, what would you like?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Ghost was pleased to see Cait coming towards her and then she saw Seamus must have arrived minutes before her too and had to stop herself laughing.

You recovered Seamus? she asked grinning before smiling at Cait. I hope we didn't miss dinner Cait, Ghost said looking round, relieved that indeed she had not missed dinner. She was hungry now she thought of food. It was indeed a good workout Cait, she added blushing, seeing the wink and glancing at Seamus. He obliged by surrendering too, Cait.

Ghost laughed softly as they approached the table.

I'd love some mead if you have any,
Ghost said looking at Cait, a little unsure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Seamus, overhearing Ghost's comments, merely smirks, and says naught.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Mead? Oh dear Ghost I make some of the finest mead around. It is known for its clarity and the kiss of the queen bee herself. Cait squeezed Ghost's arm a little. It was the only spirits Baldar would allow when I was carrying Alex and Balian. One glass a day. I'm hoping to add some berries to one of next summer's batches.

She saw that familiar smirk on her cousin's face and hugged him, placing a little pick of a kiss on his cheek. Cheer up Seamus, you may beat her next time. Ummm next time don't let her win.

Last edited by Caitilin* on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Then some mead would be perfect Cait, Ghost said smiling after listening to how Cait made it herself and its clarity. I wasn't allowed even mead when I carried Ora, Ghost told Cait quietly, embarrassed to admit such a thing.

Ghost watched as Cait interacted with her cousin and blushed a little as Cait told Seamus not to let her win next time. Ghost knew Seamus had been gentle with her, that the truce had not necessarily been due to her skill, but in some ways to luck on her part, plus his being a gentleman in this instant. Yet Ghost determined the next spar would be as well fought and she did not intend to lose. Sheer determination on her part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Seamus snickers softly, and says Ach, coosin, therre were much gentle remonstrance of strikes upon both sides in th' issue. Raising his hand to accept the glass of whiskey offered, he hisses slightly as the movement pulls upon his sore ribs. Yer lass, there, hae already learrned how tae barfight, sae she gave as guid as I.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Ghost laughs softly at Seamus' words, blushing ever so slightly as she looks at him. And it was nothing you weren't willing nor able to take Seamus, she said laughing. She caught how raising his hand caused him to hiss and leaning across Caitilin asked sweetly, You think you're up for another spar anytime soon there Seamus? before accepting her own drink of mead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Seamus mutters Bah..I can take ye anytime lass. I merely choose to nae do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Ghost lifts her drink to her lips and mutters under her breath, you're scared to. Smiling quietly she sipped the mead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Seamus just snorts in amusement, and sips his whiskey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Ghost smiles as she sips her mead and looking across at Seamus smiles at him. Ghost knew she could learn a lot from Seamus with their sparring and hoped to truly improve enough to beat the young man, show him a thing or two.

Till our next match Seamus, Ghost smiled, winking cheekily at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference Dinner   World Conference Dinner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference Dinner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next