Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Empty
PostSubject: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Preparations are made for the upcoming state dinner. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Castlekitchen-1

Only the best of the Castle's guests. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations CastleKitchens

The hearth is kept ablaze for the meats that will be prepared.The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Castlekitchenfires

Roasts of venison and pheasant from the castle hunting grounds will be the main course of dinner.

The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations VenisonThe Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Pheasant_sub_01

Once prepared they will make and elegant but hearty meal.

The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Venison_Chops_lgThe Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Pheasant

For those who do not care for the game meats, a choice of trout or salmon. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations TroutThe Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Grilled-salmon-su-1087073-x

The finest fruits and vegetables were brought from all over England. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Farmers-marketThe Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Farmers20market201_preview1

Last edited by Caitilin* on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 am

Seems my work was done for me o_O

Razz
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh, by no means it your work done. You skills are needed. As you can see we still need a fine dessert and your loving touch on everything we serve at this dinner.

Feel free to change the menu, my dear little brother. I was just trying to help. You know I can't cook. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Honored Guest of the House
Gregarious

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:55 am

Gregarious sneaks in from the stables, hoping no one will notice, hunting for some lemon tarts and tea.
Back to top Go down
Marie
Loyal Family Servant
Marie

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:31 am

This was one of Marie's domains. She had started with the Sytrke family as a young girl. Here is this kitchen she had worked for many years before she became the head of the household staff, a position she shared with James the head of the butlers staff. She still felt at home her and had the respect of the cook's staff.

In her starched black dress and up swept graying hair she surveyed the large open kitchen. Feeling a cold draft from the opening door on the back of her exposed neck she turned abruptly. At he sight of the tall knight who attempted to go unnoticed she tried to show a stern look on her face as she address the Knight Commander.

She crossed her arms beneath her ample bosom and addressed him with the respect he was due. My Lord Gregarious! What, may I ask, are you doing down here, below stairs? The scullery is no place for an honored guest such as you. She saw a small shiver from the man's shoulder and motioned for tea to be prepared. You look cold. Perhaps you should sit by the fire and warm yourself. I will inform Lady Caitilin of your arrival. She noticed his gaze fell on the lemon cakes that cooled on the large table. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Lemon_Bundt_Cakes_2_large

Please, m'Lord. Marie motioned to a comfortable chair by the fire. My Lady had these cakes made with you in mind. She sent a page off to inform the Lady of the house.

As he settled be the fire, she went about preparing tea for Gregarious, white with two sugars. The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations Englishcupoftea
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:13 am

Gregarious froze when the matron turned her eyes to him.

Ahh, you are to kind my lady. I know Her ladyship Dame Caitilin has important issues to attend to at this time. I have been about the stables and to the ...ahhh...family wing to talk with an old friend and it is miserable cold out tonight. Tea would be most welcome, and perhaps a small taste of the tarts?

Gregarious smiles at the tea cup warmly when it is sent.

T'is the same design my ma had when I were young.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 am

Caitilin bounded into the kitchen. Her skirts lifted high so that she could run through the castle halls. She had left the proceedings for a some time to spend with one of the most important men in her young life, her mentor and knight. She was breathing somewhat hard when she entered with a smile. Tea, please Marie. She asked as she took a seat on a small stool by the fire.

I thought I had lost you somewhere in these corridors, m'Lord. Cait smiled up at her maid as she handed her a steaming mug of tea. I hope your visit has been all that you expected so far. She gave him a knowing look. She herself had visited that "family wing" on many occasions for the comfort it brought.
Back to top Go down
Gregarious
Gregarious

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Gregarious brushed some crumbs from his beard and nodded.

It has been most comforting. I would have liked to see more people, but one cannot be choosy in these situations. If they are not at hand then they are not at hand. I do think the one I was able to visit has forgotten his place though, bellowing at me like that.

Gregarious gives a sad smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 am

A faint warmth on the cheek, and a whisper of sound.....Bah...my house you know...pfffttt... A faint chuckle lingers in the air, to show no offense is meant to old friends.

(just playing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Caitilin stifled a giggle at her knight's displeasure. A faint warm breeze from out of nowhere blew lose wisps of her hair across Cait's cheek. She leaned close so no one else could hear. It seems that death has released someone's inhibitions and the knowledge of the other side has given him an edge on us all. I'm sure that no disrespect was intended. You know that there is no one my brother looked up to as he did you. She leaned back and a chuckle could be heard but only the two of them.

James entered the kitchen. The look of disdain on his face apparent. The bustle of the staff around him seemed to set him on edge. He coughed softly into his white gloved hand and bowed stiffly. M'Lady, I wanted to let you know that Lord Gregarious' rooms are prepared. I have assigned Philip as the Earl's man for the duration of his stay and his things have been taken to his rooms.

She listened to the butler's refined tones and nodded. Thank you, James I'm sure that Sir Gregarious is grateful for the care you have taken.

James continues as if never being interrupted. Let me know if there is anything else his Lordship requires. With a quick bow the head butler retreated to handle the rest of his duties.

When he had gone, Caitilin turned back to Gregarious and giggled. I can see it now, m'Lord. You own man to lay out your clothes and see to all of your needs. Treatment that you are most deserving of. She picked at the cake on her plate but ate very little of the sweet lemon desert. May I get you more tea, m'Lord?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Hamish enters the busy kitchen and asks one of the bustling staff where Marie is?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:21 am

Hamish collected a tray bearing a large stuffed boar's head and walked to the banqueting hall carrying it.
Back to top Go down
Marie
Loyal Family Servant
Marie

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Marie watched Hamish with the tray and crossed her arms smiling. Squire Hamish? she called after him. When you return, will you see to the King's comfort. Make sure he and his party have all they need. Oh and Sir Seamus and Lady Ghostwriter have been moved to the room next to the King. Can you take a tray of cheese, fruit and bread to them. Make sure there is a bottle of Sir Hagman's best single malt for Sir Seamus. She smiled softly remembering the old Scot that once lived here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:40 am

Hamish gives Marie a small bow, [b]" I will inform you when I have completed my assigned tasks. Hamish turns and walks to the Great Hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations   The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Castle Kitchens - Dinner preparations
Page 1 of 1