Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sitting in the Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sitting in the Library Empty
PostSubject: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:00 pm

After just wandering around the castle, I continue trying to find people that I can talk to.

"Hello!? Is anyone he-" the words die on my lips as I open the library door, and see all the manuscripts and books. "Oh...my... god" I whisper, eyes going wide with wonder. I enter, close the door, and just walk around looking at the titles and the documents available

An hour later, after looking at all the books, I sit down at an old oak table, and open my knapsack, pulling out my own book. Smiling, I open it ,and start reading aloud in a whisper the old words of my faith

(copy of what I'm reading can be found here: http://www.misticismo.blogger.com.br/torah.jpg )
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:41 pm

After playing the morning with her son Alex, Caitilin hurried though the castle passageways followed by one of the house staff. Please make sure all of our guests have everything they need. Jakob is expecting a friend to arrive to spend some time here. I want to be informed as soon as he arrives and he is to be made welcome. The young woman at her heels spoke quickly. M'Lady the young man arrived a few hours ago. Has no one told you? He was seen going into the library and has not been seen since. Cait stopped and turned. Why was I not informed. Where is my nephew? Jakob! She called. Never mind. Go find Jokob and see that he meets us in the library. As the young maid scurries off, Cait called after her. Have the cook prepare tea. I would like it served in there.

Her hand rested on the handle of the large door. She took a quick inventory of her appearance smoothing back a few loose curls and opened the door wide. Entering Caitilin looked around. At the large table sat Benny Torch. She smiled as she approached. M'Lord, you are most welcome to Castle de Stryke. I hope you have found pleasure in our collection of manuscripts. I am Caitilin Stryke de Lusignon, lady of this castle and head of the family that resides here. She extended her hand to the gentleman.

Last edited by Caitilin* on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 pm

I offer my hand in return. Well, Lady Caitilin, my name is Benjamin - it's a pleasure to meet you. And yes - this is an absolutely incredible collection I look around You have... well, a ridiculous number of important manuscripts

I smile, at ease with the situation - and after shaking Lady Caitilin's hand, I roll up the scroll I was reading, knowing where my place was.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:31 pm

It is an honor to meet you Benjamin. Cait sat down at the table next to her guest. I have asked the maid to find Jakob and have tea served in here. Are you hungry? As she spoke one of the butlers entered with tea and light sandwiches. Thank you David. Caitilin poured tea for Benjamin and offered lemon, sugar and cream. These manuscript have been collected for many years. My father loved this room...I am told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 pm

I grin, and make room for the lady. I'm actually not that hungry, but I can use a tea. I take my tea with lemon and sugar, and just sip it slowly. I can see why - its an amazing room... do you spend a lot of time in here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:03 pm

As Jakob sat, sharpening his sword outside of the castle, and watching 2 birds fool around and play in the air a few feet from him, he heard the rush of hurried footsteps behind him, he turned to see one of the servants of the castle, whose name he was sure was Susan, walking quickly towards him.

Quote :
My Lord, your visitor has arrived. He is in the Library with lady Caitilin, she requested i find and inform you.

Jakob stood, and sheathed his sword, then nodded to the woman.

Thank you Susan, I shall join them.

Leaving them behind, Jakob went through the garden door of the castle, and trailed the vast hallways until he came to the great library doors. He pushed them open with little effort, and walked into the grand back room, spying Cait and Ben sitting there. He walked over to them and placed his hand on Benjamin's shoulder.

Hello my friend, glad you could make it.

Jakob smiled at Caitilin and then chuckled to himself,

I should of known you would have found the library of all placesm Ben

Jakob grinned, and then sat down with them both.

Cait, i'm glad you get to meet this man, he is one of the most enthusiastic and may i say brilliant, person i have met in a long while.

Last edited by Sir Jakob on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

I chuckle, blushing. I wouldn't go that far, Jakob - I'm sure I'm not the most brilliant person you've met recently... I grin, and relax, taking another sip of tea.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Well gentlemen Is have a some things to take care off. I will leave you to talk. Cait extended her hand the Benjamin. Please make yourself at home here. I hope we will have more time to get to know each other. If you need anything just let one of the servants know. She turned to Jakob. I look forward to a ride with you in the morning, nephew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 pm

I nod my head in respect. It was very nice to meet you, Lady Caitilin - I hope we can get to know each other well, as well I grin, mentally cursing myself at the awkward syntax.

As well - I hope you dont mind, but I have something to leave in the library I rummage around my knapsack and pull out a rather large document. One of the Ancient Greek Philosophers - Plato - wrote a book called the Republic. I feel your library could benefit from this I put it down on the table, happy it found a home

I then sit down, and turn to Jakob, grinning

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/republic.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Jakob smiled to Caitilin as she left,

Goodbye Cait, I hope to see you soon. by the way, i would like to talk to you in private when I may.

Jakob winked at her, and then turned to Ben, chuckling at the grin on his face.

Well my friend, this is Castle de Stryke. How do you like it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I chuckle. In all honesty, I am.... ridiculously impressed. This whole castle is unbelievable I can't keep the smile off my face, and just continue to look around. And you live here?
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Cait pops her head back in the door. By the way, I am going hunting for the stag tomorrow morning and you are both invited. Breakfast at dawn. She grins at the two men. I hope you will join me. And Ben your room is ready. One of the servants will show you where it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Thank you very much Lady Caitilin - I guess we'll see you at dawn then? I smile, and get up, prepared to follow the servant. I grin at Jakob happily, excited.

Suddenly, I realize that Caitilin mentioned hunting, and I blanch. I quickly look at Jakob How... how do we go hunting...?!?!?!? I mutter, knowing I'm probably going be hurting myself at one point tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Jakob grinned to ben,

You shall see my friend

As Ben was lead off for the night, jakob chuckled to himself, and doused the lanterns. Getting ready to retire himself.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Baldar enterd the great library, and sitting at the large desk, he begins to note things on paper as he they came to him.

This conference will be grand he thought, he opend a decanter of fine scotch whiskey and poured himself a dram. he darnk slowly letting the fiery liquid warm his body as he drank slowly.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Cait knew that Baldar would be busy preparing for the conference. She gathered a few things and headed straight for the castle library. She opened the door slowly and entered.

Baldar my love, you have been in here for hours. I brought something to keep your strength up.Caitilin set the basket on the large table, opened the wine and pour two glasses. Sitting in the Library Bread_Cheese_And_Wine Moving behind Baldar, she slipped her arms around him and kissed his neck softly then handed him the glass. Cait pulled up a chair next to her husband and fixed a plate with bread, slices of cheese and some sweet grapes. How are your preparations going? She took a sip of the dark red wine. We've had several responses. Your dear friend, Don Luciano, will be here. It will be good to see him again. He's such a delightful gentleman. She slipped the parchment with the list of names from a pocket and showed it to Baldar.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:33 am

he kissed his wife,

Thank you my love , if you were not here, what would i do

the list is looking impresive, there will be others as well.

He embraces his wife relaxing, I hope it goes well
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Caitilin smiled at Baldar. Beloved, I have no doubts that the conference will be a monumental success. Between your diplomatic skills and my skills in making our guest feel at home, it could be nothing else. She reached up and brushed a dark curl from his forehead and kissed him tenderly. Ti amo amore mio. I will let you get back to work. I have duties of my own. Marie and Gerald have the boys out in the woods nearby on a bit of a nature walk so I have time to work on the menu. Cait finished her wine and picked up a few grapes putting one between her lips. She gave her husband a wink and kissed him. Mmmmmmm She turned with a soft chuckle to let him work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the Library   Sitting in the Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sitting in the Library
Page 1 of 1