Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Morning Hunt

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 pm

As Jakob rode through the sunlit forrest, with both Caitilin and ben shortly behind him, he decided to take a quick stop, to ready themselves for the hunt, he pulled hard on Dusty's reins:

Woah, Dusty. Easy boy.

Jakob jumped off of Dusty's back, and then signaled for cait and Ben to stop to take a rest from riding. Jakob turned back to Dusty, and patted him on the neck, while whispering softly to him:

Good boy Dusty... Your a fast one alright, may your speed always hold true.

Jakob smiled to the horse, and then turned to the pack on his back. Opening it up, he took out a multitude of items, a long slender bow, a quiver of arrows, a vial full of a white liquid, and some bracers.
Jakob slipped the bracers on his arms, and tossed an extra pair to ben, knowing Cait would already have a pair,

Those are to make sure you dont hurt yourself when you fire a bow my friend. Jakob winked at him.

Jakob then took the quiver of arrows, and placed it around his shoulder, and slung the bow around his other shoulder. he then took the vial and turned to the two of them,

This here is a concoction of mine, its a simple gel, simply smear it on your clothes, and it will absorb into them, and mask your scent from any game. It's quite useful.
Jakob attempted to shw them an example, and took a helping of the gel with his fingers, and smeared it over his front, where he can reach. Then he swabbed his face with it, and grinned to them both.

Plus it smells like blueberries.

jakob chuckled, and tossed the vial to ben too.

Get yourself ready my friend, we shall let the horses rest themselves for a few, then we will be on the hunt.

Jakob turned back to duskty, and slid off his heavy pack, so that the horse may rest without it's burdan.
Back to top Go down

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

I get off of Raleigh, and pretty much just follow Jakob's instructions, putting the gel on myself as well as the bracers. I then sigh, and grab the bow and arrows that I found in the castle.

I've honestly never used anything like this before I say softly, a bit embarrased.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:21 am

Cait sat comfortably in the saddle. She let the reigns loose so that Dancer could nibble on some exposed grass. Listening closely to what Jakob had to say, she smiled. I am not smearing that stuff all over me. I do not want to smell like a blueberry, thank you. Her cloak was draped over the backside of Dancer and she had strapped on the guard for her left arm.

As the gentlemen spoke, Caitilin saw them.The Morning Hunt Whitetail_deer_lgThe Morning Hunt Mule-deer-buck A pair.

She slipped her bow from her saddle and reached behind her for an arrow. Setting the arrow she pulled back slowly in the bowstring, keeping her sight along the straight of the arrow. TWANG Cait felt the vibrations in her left hand as the arrow sailed off the bowstring. Her aim was high and she missed the buck when he lowered his head to graze. The doe started as the arrow grounded near her. The two slipped into the woods.

Come on you two let's go!
She pulled up and to the right on the reigns and gave Dancer her heels. The chase is on! She called back to Jakob and Ben.
Back to top Go down

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:46 am

I sigh, and quickly get back on Raleigh, muttering something about getting off the horse in the first place. I continue chasing after Caitilin - loving the ride, having no idea how to hunt.

HOW DO I USE THIS THIIIING!!?!?!?!?! I yell, fiddling with the bow and arrows.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Dancer knew the routine of the chase. She had chased down a stag in these woods before. Over downed trees and moving between taller ones Cait hugged low to the mare’s neck. It was the thrill of the chase that made Caitilin's heart beat faster.

She could hear Ben close behind shouting. Cait knew better than to turn around but he needed some instruction with the bow. She tightened her knees against Dancer's flanks to slow her mount. Finally at a stop she turned. Hoping that Ben could stop on Raleigh, Cait reigned Dancer into his path.

Maybe this was not the best idea. We should have assessed your skills before we came out here. But we are here now so you’ll have to learn quickly.
Back to top Go down

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Jakob looked up in surprise as Cait and Ben suddenly darted off without him, the horses off galloping through the woods towards some game Cait had spotted. As Dusty winnied in fright, Jakob patted his neck softly,

Shhh, Shhh boy. Everything is fine.

Jakob looked up as he heard something running in their direction, and then his eyes narrowed as he spotted the source of it:

The Morning Hunt Stag_richmond_440x320

Luckily Cait and Ben had run it toward him, and Jakob smiled at his luck. Slowly taking his bow from the pack, and notching an arrow, Jakob crept up a few feet and hid behind a large stump, listening as the Stag ran closer and closer.

Jakob's heart started pumping harder in anticipation of the kill.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:11 am

Cait saw Jakob aiming. She turned in the saddle and pulled out her bow and an arrow from her quiver. Notching the long staff against the bowstring, she drew it back and narrowed her sights to take aim on the stag.

Aye nephew, who's arrow will take down the game? She thought as she held her breath and drew back the string to her ear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Morning Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning Hunt   The Morning Hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Morning Hunt
Page 1 of 1