Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunt in the forest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Baldar decides to go hunting and has he walks in the hunting grounds, with his Bow and arrows he follows fresh tracks possibly a boer

Now that will be a challage, he says to himself and follows the tracks, he then decides to climb a tree and wait for his prey.

They use the same tracks he says to himself, we will wait

Last edited by baldar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:50 am

The snow was deep on the ground and Cait rode fast through the grounds. The air was crisp and her face was red from the cold. She was tracking a deer. She had seen the buck many times in the woods. He will be mine this time! she thought. Cait pulled up on Dancer and dismounted. There were tracks but not her buck, a man and perhaps a boar.

She followed the man's footprints to a tree. Looking up, she smiled at her brother. "Good day, Baldar. Any luck? You haven't seen a large buck pass this way, have you?"
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Baldar looked down and smiled at his beloved sister

No Cait, but there looks to be a fine big Boar around,

baldar climbs of the tree,, and facing his sister, he coudn't but look how beautiful she was, he was proud to be her brother,

Come Cait, follow me i have something for you

he leads cait to where her horse is

and leads her to where Diablo his horse is tied and pulls a large piece of rolled cloth from the saddle

Last edited by baldar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 pm

She watched as he nimbly climbed out of the tree. She stepped back out of the way of his descent. Caitilin followed Baldar, leaving Dancer to find a bit of grass under the snow to nibble. "What is it, Baldar?"

"Oh, did you find your apartments alright? They will still need to be furnished and you just tell the staff what you would like."
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 am

I thank you sister for the apartment
he smiles at her and bows

he gives Cait the rolled cloth, I made this for you there are only two in the World the other I have and he puts his hand on the dragon head of his sword hilt tis a sword mi lady a broad sword that is light and yet hard enough to face any common broad sword.

Hunt in the forest 1hbeseelteslangschwertpb5

Last edited by baldar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:27 pm

The bundle was light. Cait unrolled the cloth carefully. Placing both of her hands on the hilt, she examined the the blade. Making wide arcs in the air as she tried it out. "It is light! It feels good. What is it made of it be so light?" Cait cut the air a few more time before she ran her hand along the edge of the blade. "We need to try these out. You and I could practice together. I need some help learning how to use a broad sword. Would you teach me?"

Caitilin hugged her brother. "Oh, thank you Baldar, it is a wonderful gift!"
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Quote :
"It is light! It feels good. What is it made of it be so light?"

One night a shooting star fell from the sky, and when the star cooled down a rock was there

It took me 3 days and Nights to forge and finally I made two blades

Now one of the blades is yours.
Quote :

We need to try these out. You and I could practice together. I need some help learning how to use a broad sword. Would you teach me?"

It will be a plesure mi lady, here in the open or back in the warmth of the castle????

Last edited by baldar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Cait didn't have to think about the answer to Baldar question. She hadn't realized how long she had been tracking the stag. Standing still now she was very cold. "Let's go back to the castle where it's warm. We can use the grand hall or the ballroom. Any place with a fire. " She pulled her cloak around her kissed him on the cheek and smiled. "...and please call me Cait. M'Lady is for strangers and the servants, and you, my dear brother are neither."

Wrapping the beautiful sword and securing it to her saddle, Cait mounted Moondancer. "I guess the stag can wait. And what about the boar? If you are ready I will race you back to the stables."
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am

Quote :
If you are ready I will race you back to the stables."

Baldar smiled at the thought, mounting his war horse diablo, he turns to face his sister

Ready when you are Cait
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Grinning at Baldad, Cait turned Dancer and moved beside her brother. She gave him a nod, "GO!" Giving Dancer her heels, she leaned down close to the mare neck and let the reigns go loose. Dancer knew the way home.

Weaving her way through the trees, Cait could hear Baldar on Diablo somewhere around her but she didn't look back. She whispered in the horses ear. "You are the wind. Let's show them how it's done." Over fallen trees and the stream that ran through the hunting grounds, Cait and Dancer raced. With each jump she crouched close to the mares neck. The stable was soon in sight.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Cait set of at a lightning speed on Dancer, Baldar kicked Diablo and he bolted after his sister.

has they raced thru the wood, Cait kept in front, her long hair flowing behind her, baldar could not but look at his sister, the perfect amazon,

Diablo his horse kept the pace, as they ran through the hunting grounds, baldar knew his sister would win she nows the ground well, but he wasn't going to give in to her easily and he spured Diablo to go faster.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 pm

There were still trees and a high fence between her and the stable. Dancer had never cleared this one. She had always shied at the last minute. Cait had been thrown before and always at this point. She had avoided this jump for that very reason. The fence came closer.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Has they approch the stableds Cait is in the lead, he sees her look at the fence coming at them,
knowing his horse he leans over his horse's neck letting the reins loose,
cait flies over the fence, as Baldar comes over the strap rips under the saddle and is thrown from his horse

landing on the hard ground he looks up and everthing becomes blurred and it goes dark
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Cait smiled as Dancer, without hesitation, cleared the high fencing. The stables were just ahead. She had beaten Baldar. Very satisfied with the outcome of the race, Caitilin pulled up on the reigns and turned the mare looking for her brother. As she turned, Cait saw him fall. "NO!" She dug her heels into Dancer's flanks and raced back to her fallen brother.

She dismounted and ran to his side. "NO! Not again! Not Baldar." Her heart was beating hard and fast. Cait dropped to the ground next to where her brother lay. With tears in her eyes, she took his head gently in her lap. His face was pale. She laid a trembling hand on his chest checking for his heart beat and stroked his cheek gently. He was not breathing. Diablo returned without a saddle and bent his head to nuzzle his rider.

Cait shook him. "Wake up, you can't leave. You made a promise and you have to stay alive to keep it. BALDAR!!" She screamed his name. Her scream brought Gerald from the stables to see what had happened. "M'Lady Caitilin, what happened?" asked the old man. All Cait could say was..."Race....Fence....Jump....my fault." Gerald walked to where Baldar's saddle lay on the ground. Examining it, he found that the leather strap had torn. "m'Lady this was not your fault. You see torn leather."

She shook Baldar again and whispered his name.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 am

A light began to shine in the darkness, he saw the sky and he was floating,
it was so peaceful, he looked down and saw Cait knelt down on the ground next to what seemed to be him.

I am dead
he says to himself

he could see her crying and shouting his name
Quote :
"Wake up, you can't leave. You made a promise and you have to stay alive to keep it. BALDAR!!"
, Cait, I won't leave you, he hears his name being called. Suddenly he is dragged back into the dark, to then open his eyes as an angelic face looking on him with tears.

In a weak voice he whispers, I'll never leave you my sister, and he gives a weak smile, before the pain makes him close his eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:59 pm

In her deep sorrow, Caitilin held Baldar to her. "Jah, you can't have him yet." she whispered. Looking at his strong face, she kissed him tenderly on the cheek.

A moment later she saw his eyes slowly open. Cait grinned through her tears when he whispered to her.

Baldar wrote:
I'll never leave you my sister

She called to Gerald, "Get help! Lord Baldar is alive but injured we must get him to the castle immediately. And send for the healer. NOW!" She kissed his forehead gently as Gerald and other servants arrived with a pallet to take her brother to the castle. She whispered a prayer. "Thank you, Jah."
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:55 pm

as if someone was puonding his head, he could hear his name being called and forcing his eyes to open. saw his sister smiling at him,

Hello Cait, he manges to say, what happened did I win??? he tries to laugh to stop his sister worrrying.
I'm still hear sister
My mouth is dry give me some ale to drink

he tries to lift himself, but the world decided to move again, he lies back on the pillow looking at hhis sister

I wonder if all the angels in heaven look like his sister???

How long have i been like this???? he asks, then closes his eyes not waiting for the answer
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Before they moved Baldar, Caitilin had given instructions to the stable master. "Find his sword and bring it to me. Take the horses to the stable and make sure Diablo is not injured. You will make certain that Lord Baldar's saddle is repaired properly! I can not have this happen again." She retrieved the sword that he had given to her from Dancer's saddle.

Cait walked next to the pallet that held her brother. She carried the two swords that Baldar had forged.

Baldar wrote:
Hello Cait, he manges to say, what happened did I win???

She smiled down at Baldar as he spoke, she answered. "Yes, Baldar you won. You will have to give me a rematch." she lied.

Baldar wrote:
I'm still hear sister My mouth is dry give me some ale to drink

Cait took his hand as they walked. "I know you're here and always will be for me. We'll get that ale after you rest awhile." She hid the fear that was in her heart.

Baldar wrote:
How long have i been like this????

She did not have a chance to answer before his eyes closed.

[ooc: Moving to Baldar's Apartments in the Family quarters]

http://castlestryke.heavenforum.org/family-apartments-f6/sticky-baldar-s-apartments-t91.htm
Back to top Go down

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Ash was walking the hunting grounds to see what size game he could find before he took to the hunt early in the morning hours of the morrow. The dense forest wall did not help out his sight, but he knew how to track the big buck he had heard of that trekked through these woods.
He spotted the huge bull in a clearing to his left before the beast could even catch wind of his scent from the sweat dripping from his forehead. This was a huge male. The likes that Ash only thought existed in old fables.
Hunt in the forest BullelkCusterCounty
Tightly gripping onto his bow, Ash lined up his sights to aim, fire, then retrieve a prize that even some Kings would be jealous of, when all of a sudden he hears someone yell, "Get help! Lord Baldar is alive but injured we must get him to the castle immediately. And send for the healer. NOW!"
The buck shot of into the distance as he dropped the arrow back into it's case as quickly as he drew it taught against the sinew of his bow. Ash darted to the right of him into the dense thicket that lay around the wood line in the clearing, and headed towards the voice he had heard.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Cait stood back and allowed Gerald and the others room to work. She turned to to see Ash come from the thick woods. A smile graced her lips when she saw him.

Seeing his bow out and a quiver of arrows, she asked politely. "What are you hunting, Ash?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunt in the forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt in the forest   Hunt in the forest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunt in the forest
Page 1 of 1