Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

International Conference

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

International Conference - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Athris and his wife Saphyra, the vice-chancellor of Brittany and the representative of Brittany to the Ponant Alliance, came into the conference room after a short rest.

They noticed the free throne close to the main table. King Faheud recently disappeared, but is aim was still there.

Athris introduced his wife, then himself and smiled to the people he recognized. Discussions had already started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 am

Saphyra was impressionned by the place.
As Consul Ponant she had been invited and she took the arm of her husband and listened the discussions.
There was a long time she had not heard the English language, she smiled at her husband reassured her with a look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Deekay stepped forward to greet the new arrivals.

"Your Majesty - my old friend. Thank you for your generous comments. I will relay them to our Privy.

And Vice Chancellor Athris. I'm delighted to see you again. And this must be your charming wife."

He took Saphyra's hand and leaned forward to kiss it.

Enchanté, Madam. Even more charming than your husband."

He recalled Athris' sudden exit from the Devon Conference. That was ... interesting.

"Should I ask - how is Bretagne?"

[OOC - Away. I won't have access before Thursday]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Athris bowed as Lord Deekay come toward them.

Pleased to meet you again my Lord. It seems ... that Brittany is still at the same place over the Channel. The High Duke Elfyn is still at the head of our country.

Athris kept the silence few seconds

And thanks to God, the peace is closest than ever with France. This is the most important. The reason and the words finally are strongest than the swords. Better late than never.

Can I introduce my wife Saphyra ? She is representative from Brittany to the Ponant Alliance. Maybe some other representatives from the alliance will join the conference later also. I hope we are still on time to join the debates ?
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Your Excellency, I believe things are just getting started and others will be welcome. There is, as you know, no rushing diplomacy. Caitilin smiled for she had learned some patience in the diplomatic world, thanks to her husband.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Consule of Brittany in the Scotland had when to her received invitation also for this conference, as well as for an a little more tourist visit of the Devon, by Count Silvermane, regrettably, her afterward had to continue her progress on the islands of the North, but it indulged to attend this conference. Greeting her two fellow countrymen as well as his guide, she gets closer to the monarch of the Scotland. Your Majesty, I so heard about you lately, I am finally happy to be able to put face on your name. I am Roxanne de Montfort-Laval, Consule of Brittany in the Scotland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 am

Quote :
Enchanté, Madam. Even more charming than your husband."

Saphyra smiled at the comment of Lord Ducain and French words used.
"Nice to meet you too, I am proud to accompany my husband to the conference and meet people with whom he worked."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:46 am

Here they were, at long last...

Sindbad was most surprised not to meet them upon his arrival. But it may have come late, at least it has come.

Demat (1) Your Excellencies. For those I never met, I am Sindbad, France Royal Ambassador.

I take this opportunity to jump on what HE Athris previoulsy said, about dialogue and negociation priviledged over war between the Kingdom of France and the Grand Duchy of Brittany. I confirm that, although negociations are still in process, an important step has been done on the path of peace, which we, diplomats, can not but agree with.

(1) Greetings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:02 am

En français.

La chancelière du Berry avait fait le déplacement, dans son enfance, Pandorha avait eu la chance de recevoir une bonne éducation, sauf qu'elle n'avait pas été particulièrement brillante pour les langues, aussi, c'est avec une certaine appréhension, qu'elle se rendit en Angleterre. Le voyage fut long, mais elle réussie à être sur place.

Elle passa le hall, après s'être présenté elle fut dirigée vers le lieu de la conférence. La belle essaya de remarquer un visage connu et trouva après quelques minutes de recherche, l'ambassadrice de Bretagne pour le Ponant était présente. Pandorha silencieuse et les joues rouges, la chancelière traversa pour aller à la rencontre de la personne reconnue. Attendant que l'ambassadrice ouvre la bouche, elle resta à observer les gens tout autour timidement.

In English.

Chancellor of Berry had traveled as a child, Pandorha had been fortunate to receive a good education, but she had not been particularly brilliant for languages​​, so it is with some trepidation that it went to England. The journey was long, but successful to be there.

She crossed the hall, after reporting she was directed to the conference venue. The beautiful tried out and found a familiar face after a few minutes of searching, Britain's ambassador to the Ponant was present. Pandorha silent and red cheeks, crossed to the Chancellor to meet the recognized person. Until Ambassador opens her mouth, she stood watching the people around shyly.

Use google translation. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:53 am

Welcome, Athris, Saphyra, Deekay, Roxanne, Sinbad, Pandorha.

Rothar stands up to greet the dignitaries around the world.
It is a honor to make your acquaintenace.

Adjusts his royal robes, smiling he;

Shakes hands with the men.
Kisses the women's hands, "enchantee"

Deekay, delighted to see you again. He smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Sindbad saluted the King of Scotland with a sign of his head :

Greetings, Your Majesty.

I also send you, as I promised her, the greetings of HE Acantha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 am

Thanks your Excellency, Sinbad

Greeting, it is a pleasure to meet you.
I hope Acantha is well.

Please extend my best wishes to Queen Nebisa. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:03 am

Imladris van Ansel was the current imperial chancellor. He learnt the existence of this world conference as chancelor of Franche-Comté. He promised his coming at Baldar.

It seems the first world conference for him and he had the support of His Majesty Raboude and Her regent Adala Borgia.

For him, it was a contacting

I'm Imladris van Ansel, the imperial chancellor for His Majesty the Emperor Raboude Mondrianus de Ligne. I was invited by Baldar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:59 am

Plotnik nods to all he doesn't know, and smiles to those he does know.

He arrived in the Ermine of an Englishman, wearing the six martlets standing for the County Palatine of Sussex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:53 am

Sindbad, in turn, nods to the Sussex Chancellor.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:40 pm

My Lords and Ladies,
The Diplomatic Conference is a way for all countries to meet so as to begin today in this specially prepared room for England and its Counties to get to know and speak of possible ideas and new friendships for trade and peace between all our neighbouring nations. This is by far the biggest sign of the desire for cooperation between all countries involved and it is certainly the largest and innovative attempt in economic and diplomatic cooperation in the history of the Kingdoms..
I am pleased to see here the representatives of many countries, of the Kingdoms, and this shows that there is a wanting of peace and trade, and most of all friendship between nations.

I would like to do the following,

1) the creation of a common area, which will be this room at the end of the conference, in which the Trade Ministers of the countries that agree with the proposals, brought by this conference, may have contact with each other and know each other. This common place of meeting may also serve to enable each Trade Minister to present goods which they want to buy or sell, so it will be easier to find those interested and facilitate trade.

2) I would like to see ideas to come about how better to trade between counties and countries.
I attended a trade conference in Venice that opened my eyes to the vast possibilities of Trade systems, and agreements between different countries to save time and travel costs. With the opening of sea lanes this gives us even more reason to better the trade systems.

3) Another room will be created for our diplomats and leaders to discuss about diplomatic relations between countries so as to define which ways of removing obstacles, and better the relations for each country.

Finally I hope that at the conclusion of this conference there will be agreements between all parties to ensure economic and diplomatic cooperation.

Thank you again for coming here ... We will organize soon, in the pauses of the conference, a dinner party here at the castle to finish off with a grand ball so as to get to know each other more informally.

Thank you to all

baldar wrote:
Baldar having stood addressed the people present.

My Lords, and Ladies, it is with deep sorrow that ou beloved King of England has gone to the arms of Jah, But I know and I can feel that he is hear in spirit in thi conference and that he would want t to continue, and I want to continue it in his honor.

While this is the III confernece in this Castle lots have changed since the last conference last year. A lot of ideas were brought forward but wordly events stopped it going further.

We have here the possibility to creat the foundations of Treaties for trade and also to see how to best unite in fighting our common enemies.

For now I would like to start a discussion on Trade. Last year I presented as an example a discussed trety of Trade, discussed in a similar conference held in Venice, which I was honored to attend. I would like to present it here as a base to start a discussio.

By the Doge of Venice, in this case we can maybe use it as an example, to work on

Cangrande wrote:
Here you are the proposal of agreement:

Quote :
TREATY OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC COOPERATION FOR CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE

Following the International Trade Conference held at the Palazzo Ducale in Venice in June 1457,

In reference to the will of all the contractors to increase international trade in the region to contribute to wealth and prosperity for all populations concerned,

With the common desire that through this cooperation we can reduce as much as possible any conflict in the region and ensure peace,

The Contracting Parties bind themselves to sign and respect this treaty of trade and economic cooperation.

Article I
1. The Contracting Parties bind themselves to send to a room specially designated of the Palazzo Ducale in Venice their Trade Ministers or other persons delegated by them.
2. In this room, representatives of each contracting party may report the goods they intend to buy or sell, in order to facilitate trade in the region.
3. In this room, all those who have access are required to communicate in English.

Article II
1. The Contracting Parties bind themselves to participate actively in trade cooperation, ensuring the passage of goods from one province to another.
2. Each Contracting Party binds itself to appoint one or more merchants in its border cities to facilitate such cooperation.
3. The Government of each Contracting Party binds itself to cooperate in the sale of goods held by other parties. Such collaboration requires a constant communication and use of warrants for the transfer of goods in the region.
4. In the attached is proposed an example of this trade system of how it have to work.

Article III
1. Any merchant that provides the service on behalf of this trade cooperation will receive for each day of travel a salary of 20 pounds.
2. Each “transition province” has a right of way to a compensation equal to 10 pounds each time must give his aid to the cooperation system.
3. These costs should be divided equally between the province that sells goods and the province that buys goods. These provinces may also agree in a different way.

Article IV
1. The Contracting Parties bind themeselves as more as possible to ensure the safety of merchants and the success of trade.
2. The responsability of the goods belongs to the province where the goods are located.
3. All Contracting Parties bind themselves to process any robbers that impede the conclusion of trade held in the name of this Treaty, even if the act of robbery occurs outside its territory.
4. The merchants who are appointed for the purpose of trade cooperation that in any way impede or steal the goods will be pursued until their death by all the contracting parties, notwithstanding other laws.
5. Any Contracting Party would impede the proper functioning of the system of trade cooperation without proper justification, will have an appropriate retaliation from all other contracting parties. Such retaliation may go from economic isolation to war.

Article V
1. In case of dispute about the application of the Treaty or on the system of trade cooperation, the Parties shall decide by majority vote.
2: The Contracting Parties bind themselves to respect the decisions taken by majority vote.

Article VI
1. The Contracting Parties bond themselves to organize at least once a year a trade and economic conference to check the state of cooperation and evaluate any proposals for improvement.
2. The seat of this Conference will be decided by vote of the Contracting Parties between the provinces that are proposed to host.
3. The Contracting Parties reserve the right to create supranational bodies to ensure a better functioning of the economic and trade cooperation.

Article VII
1. All provinces participating in the conference in June 1457 may sign this treaty and become a fully-fledged Parties thereto.
2. Any new contractors must have the consent of all contractors to participate in the treaty.

Article VIII
1. This Treaty shall enter into force without limit of time after the ratification by the contractors, who undertake their lands and their peoples.
2. By mutual consent, the rewriting of the Treaty may be made in full or in part.
3. The contractor who wishes to terminate this treaty will have to send an official letter to the other contractors and to publish this letter at the room in Palazzo Ducale (see Article 1). The treaty will be considered for this contractor canceled a week after the publication of the official letter.

Done in Venice, June 23 1457

Your thoughts Mi Lords and Ladies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Conference   International Conference - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Conference
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3