Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Archive Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

The Archive Room Empty
PostSubject: The Archive Room   The Archive Room I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 am

Cordelia wrote:
Cordelia reaches for the napkain when a page appears at her elbow with a sheet of parchment. Chuckling she takes it and proceeds to write out a revised version.

[rp]Proceedure for Diplomatic Policy in England

This document is binding between the national government of England and the counties of England, including, but not limited to Devon, Mercia, Sussex, and Westmorland.

In order to present a unified national front, reduce redundancy, and make relations clearer for foreign territories, the National Embassy shall be the first point of contact for Diplomatic Relations in England. This includes treaties such as Diplomatic Relations, Friendship Treaties, Non-agression Pacts, Judical Treaties, Mutual Defense Pacts, and specality documents such as Peace Treaties. The National Embassy shall pass no document that intereferes with county trade or county laws.

The Counties of England shall have the freedom to create trade treaties so long as they do not harm another county or the country. The Counties may send a representative to the Royal Embassay in the form of a Chancellor of [County] and the Count(ess) of [County].

The National Embassy shall create a public archive of all treaties.

The process for approving National Treaties shall follow the following guidelines:
1) A treaty is submitted to the Royal Embassy by a foreign territory. (Or we send out one of our standard treaties and receive it back from a foreign territory.)

2) The treaty is translated, checked for accuracy, looked over for basic revisions, and made as correct and whole as possible.

3) The treaty is submitted to the County Offices for feedback from all four counties, which would be taken into account in case rewriting, etc were needed.

4) Once the checking and rewriting process is complete, treaties are submitted to the House of Lords for discussion, revision, and a vote.

5) Hopefully, assuming majority agreement in most places, the treaty is signed and copies are posted both to the foreign territory and to our repository of treaties.

We the undersigned agree to this proceedure and on behalf of whom we represent, pledge to uphold it.

Queen

Chancellor

Earl Marshall

Countess of Devon

Count of Mercia

Count of Sussex

Countess of Westmorland
[/rp]

"If you have no issues with this document, I ask that you take it to your councils for approval and after it gets that, return it here sealed."

Snowlynx wrote:
Snowlynx enters the Royal Treaty Room, bows to the Queen, Princess, and Graces.

Good day Everyone, I apologize for my tardiness and the confusion on not getting access here. It has been a very busy and interesting week, to say the least. And from the notes, I have received from Lady Kit, it does not seem to be changing, anytime soon.
Snowlynx turns to Kit,
Thank you for you assistance, Councilor Kitsada. I see you have started the Council Discussion on this matter, already, thank you, again. I will move it to the Public room, shortly. We will discuss it for the standard 48 hours and hopefully we will be able to call for a vote at that time.

Snowlynx wrote:
King Viceroy, I will state plainly before you and all the citizens of Wesmorland. I, Countess Snowlynx Marius Douglas will not sign anything or do anything as a result of that meeting until such a time as I can run it past my Wesmorland County Embassy Chancellor, my Wesmorland County Council, and all the citizens of the County of Wesmorland.

The citizens have voted and elected me into office with the understanding that I will serve them with openness, transparency and accountability to the best of my ability. And that is what I endeavor and intend to do.

Snow's notes from meeting wrote:

1) The Royal Embassy should be the entity in charge of first contact with foreign territories and should be responsible for securing Diplomatic Relations Treaties which would establish guidelines for relations with the whole of England.
2) Trade agreements that are strictly dealing with the particulars of a trade deal between a county and a foreign entity should remain with the counties as a function of their county government.
3) Any treaty dealing with setting foreign policy towards a foreign entity should be handled by the Royal Embassy (i.e. Cooperation or Friendship treaties since these deal with the nation’s stance towards someone.)
4) Any treaty dealing with military security should be handled by the Royal Embassy (i.e. Non-Aggression, Mutual Defense, and Peace treaties.)
5) Any treaty dealing with legal policy towards a foreign entity should be handled by the Royal Embassy (i.e. Judicial treaties.)
6) The Royal Embassy would be responsible for making certain that treaties were properly reviewed and passed through the House of Lords and signed by the King, as all treaties dealing with foreign territories should be, by law.
7) A conference room within the Royal Embassy should be set aside for offices of the Count and a chancellor from each county where internal diplomatic issues may be discussed and where the Royal Embassy can more easily keep the counties apprised of activities that may effect them such as travel warnings, port closures, etc.
Cool The county chancelleries could, of course, still welcome visiting diplomats who come to England, and, handle internal matters in the event that some disagreement arose between neighboring English counties, but would no longer handle external treaties and relations.

Chancellor Baldar,

Please read the following Proceedure for Diplomatic Policy from the Royal Treaty room Private meeting. I also have started a Discussion regarding the matter in County Council Public Chambers. Will you please review and give you advice or recommendations on this matter as soon as possible?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Countess Snowlynx

(posted in Westmorland CC & Embassy.)
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

The Archive Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Archive Room   The Archive Room I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:57 am

Grumpy wrote:
An updated version:

[rp]EMBASSY ADDRESSES
* denotes on-forum Embassies; cannot be seen unless access is given

Kingdom of England*

Kingdom of Scotland

Kingdom of Ireland

Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ*

Royaume de France

Corona de Aragón

Corona de Castilla y Léon -- likely on-forum address; query posed

Reino de Portugal