Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference

Go down 
+5
baldar
diablo
beckiboo11
Marie
Caitilin*
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

World Conference - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:50 am

Checking that his black tunic and kilt are in order, Seamus adjusts the silver torque about his neck nervously, then slips into the main conference chambers to mingle with the guests who have come. Looking about, he spies a few faces he recognizes, but none that he knows well enough to open a conversation with. Stepping over to a sideboard, he pours himself a goodly measure of his late cousin's single malt, and stands watching all the great ones as they chat and greet each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 am

Ghostwriter's attention was drawn by movement not far from her as a man wearing a skirt, no kilt she reminded herself, move to a sideboard and pour himself some malt. His appearance made Ghostwriter think of Scotland and she smiled quietly to herself, glancing at the glass in her hand, wishing she had gone in search of tea. She moved to the sideboard and placed her drink down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:14 am

Seeing the lady put her drink on the sideboard, young Seamus nods politely to her, and murmurs Greetings, Lady. Welcome to our home. Perhaps, ye'd be preferrin' a wee bit of tea, instead? I shall arrange it, if yer of a mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 am

Thankyou Sir, Ghostwriter smiled quietly. Oh, I'm Lady Ghostwriter Wieshui, and tea would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost glanced round at those near, the many conversations and whisperings...

The Conference is being well attended don't you think? she asked smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:36 am

As Lady Ghostwriter introduced herself, Seamus gave her a small smile of his own, bowing more formally, sayingAgain, welcome. I be Seamus Rood, cousin tae Dame Caitilin an' Sir Baldar, on th' northern side of th' family. Looking once more across the chamber, he nods amiably, and continues to speak in a quiet tone, Aye, lass. It is that. Soo many great ones hae come, and I dare think more yet will. Tis a wonder poor Marie an' Caiti keep up, I dare tae think. Finally catching sight of one of the pages, he signals for the youngster to send for Marie herself, miming the need for another pot of tea. With a self deprecating grin, he murmurs Best I call fer herself this time. I ha' already raided her kitchen once, an' she dinnae much appreciate me doin' so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 am

I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance Seamus, Ghostwriter smiled curtsying formally, glad that introductions were now done. Yes I am sure many have yet to arrive, she agreed looking round the large room thinking how crowded it could soon get. I myself arrived not long since, caught up with other business.

Ghostwriter watched as Seamus signalled to a young page, asking for tea, amused at his miming.

Oh so am I right to assume you already had a minor warning?
Ghostwriter laughed softly, as she listened to how this Marie did not appreciate his raiding the kitchen, the lilt in his voice pleasant to listen to, and his manner friendly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 am

Unable to repress a small snicker, and with a decidedly devious look, Seamus says Aye, I suppose ye might say tha', considerin she called me a sneak thief. If I werre nae family, who knows what she might ha done. Ah well. I shouldna poke fun at the poor woman, as hard as she works tae keep the family from embarrassin' ourselves. Pulling on a brighter expression, he continues Sae. Yer travel went well, aye? Noo problems, or assistance needed? Did ye get tae see Caiti an' Baldar yet? Surrely one or the other is near to hand, if ye dinnae.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 am

Ghost laughed softly as he snickered. Nervous as she had been Seamus seemed to have put her at her ease. She was not the best for large gatherings and this Conference was the largest group that Ghost had been in for a long time.

I am sure Marie was not really cross at you, Ghost smiled thinking that if the woman could when Seamus twinkled his eyes at her then she would have to be a very hard woman indeed.

Yes my travels went well thank you, she answered Seamus' questions. I fortunately had no problems. She thought to herself assistance would have been slow arriving and she smiled at the thought of her sword she kept close when on the road. I met Caitlin at the gates as I arrived and showed me to my room.

Ghost looked round the room happy to be forgotten, sure Caitlin and Baldar were both extremely busy seeing to all the important diplomats present.
If I am holding you up please... Ghost said realising she had been monopolizing his time these past few minutes when she was sure he had better things to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:40 am

Surprised, a little, at the last comment, young Seamus murmurs Ach, lass, dinnae fash yersel'. I hae noo other duty, at this time, thus cannae be held up. Besides, a plain mon such as I enjoys visiting. Especially when all else be nobles, notables, an' other such personages. Taking a sip of his whiskey, Seamus purses his mouth in thought before continuing Caiti an' Baldar enjoy such gatherings far muir than do I, frankly, as I much preferr a warrm hearth, a warrm drink, an' relaxed company. A muir...sociable an' intimate...setting, if ye ken my meaning. All the formality mun gie in the way sometimes, whereas the muir cozy arrangement allows one tae relax an' actually get along wie yer guest. Besides, I hae seen muir business done o'er a guid meal, an' a stiff drink, than I hae seen done in the grand hall. Not wanting to seem like he was rambling on and monopolizing the conversation, he dredges up his nerve and quietly says Enough aboot me. Perhaps ye would nae mind tae speak a wee bit of yerself? I surrely do get rambling on at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:16 am

Ghost blushed slightly realising her mistaken assumption and looked suitably abashed. No insult was intended let me reassure you Sir, she said hastily. Then listening quietly to Seamus speaking Ghost relaxed, every now and then glancing round the busy hall, and she smiled at his words, thinking of her quiet home, the warmth there and her garden. She thought of her daughter who she missed when away travelling. As Seamus stopped talking she looked at him and smiled as he asked about her, apologizing for rambling.

Please don't apologise for rambling, she laughed softly remembering so many times she has talked. We all do it at one time or another.Pausing Ghost wondered what she should say about herself, unused as she was at doing so. Well for my sins of knowing a few languages, and I get by with them, I am Royal Ambassador to France. When there I miss my home, my daughter, she paused thinknig of Ora and smiled to herself. She's had her second birthday a few months back now. I've travelled a little, but never made it to Scotland.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:40 am

Becki stood there smiling and listening to the conversations swirling around her. Taking a glass of wine she sipped then smiled again. "This is excellent. My apologies for being quiet- I am simply enjoying listening to you all talk about where you are from. I hope I get a chance to visit all someday."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 am

My apologies. There werre noo insult. I werre merely trying tae be a bit more circumspect than usual. What I meant tae get at was that I am enjoying yer company. Please pardon my clumsy tongue, for I meant a compliment tae yerself. I still have much tae lairrn aboot speakin' in the more courtly fashion. Listening to her mention of home and a little one, Seamus' face takes on a slow smile and a softer expression. A daughter, hey? She mun be a joy. I'll wager she take after her ma, eh? As tae what a body does for a living, I used to be Royal Ambassador tae Glasgow, till I resigned for professional reasons. Tis better that I return tae the profession of arms, where I belong, anyways. At the mention of speaking mulitple languages, young Seamus looks slightly envious and murmurs I must admit, though, that I do well tae speak English, nevermind anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 am

Ghost listened to Seamus and smiled. I thank you Sir, your company has been much appreciated and enjoyable. And for courtly fashions I have never quite got the hang of it myself, she laughed softly looking around at the various dignitaries milling around, looking grand , speaking to one another while she looked dowdy in her simple dress. I like a simpler life to be honest, she said thinking of the various homes over the past few years in which she had lived, all with a good fireplace to warm her feet and garden to grow her flowers.

Yes, my little one, Ghost said, smiling softly as she pictured her daughter's face, a smile always on it. She is a joy to be sure, yes. A happy soul. Hearing that he retired as an Ambassador Ghost nodded her understanding. I have oft times rested from actively being on duty as an Ambassador. She shook her head as Seamus looked somewhat envious about the fact she spoke various languages. There's nothing wrong with your english, if I might say Seamus, she said smiling, his accent soft and easy on the ear.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 am

Ducking his head a little at the compliment, Seamus simply says Thankee, lass. Spying the page from earlier, he discreetly waves the lad over with his tray, gives the fellow a silver, and pours a cup of steaming tea for the lady. 'Ere we go. Apologies fer yer havin' tae wait on it. It gets a wee bit busy 'round here at times. Soo...when is the business parrt of this tae start? Sae a mon can get out of the way, of course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 am

Ghost smiled and then watched as Seamus waved a page over, the same as earlier though Ghost was confused by all the faces she had seen so far since arriving. She watched as Seamus poured a cup of tea and took it gratefully.

Thankyou very much, she said. The wait has not been too long at all. I really don't know when they intend to start the business. Since I arrived not long since at the estate I have had no time to recover the journey yet. She paused and laughed. You intend to escape? Oh lucky you Seamus. Laughing softly she took a sip of her tea and felt the warmth and moistness hit her tongue. The first thing since the journey to get Castle de Stryke. This tea tastes like heaven, she said quietly looking around at the growing mass of people and wondering when it would start so she could seek refuge in a corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Chuckling at the comment about his being lucky, Seamus gets a truly mischievous look on his face and murmurs Na, lass. Not escape. Rather, I intend tae run screamin' fer the hills, just as fast as decency weel carry me legs. An' I happen tae ha' knowledge of a wee tiny place in th' garrdens where a body could get "lost" if anyone might wish their ain escape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Seeing a mischievousness in his face Ghost averts her eyes by sipping her tea as she listened to him speak, nearly choking on her tea at the image that came to mind of him screaming for the hills. Laughing softly Ghost looked at Seamus as he spoke of a place in the garden, her interest piqued at the idea of seeing some of the gardens with her love of flowers.

How would one escape without being missed?
she asked looking round realising with the number of guests one or two could happily leave and not be missed. Ghost nodded. I don't wish to go running for the hills, but an escape would be welcome, she said blushing slightly, hoping he would not think her a flighty piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Elettra entered the conference room.
There were ambassadors, nobles and even the Prince - Regent of England.

Greetings Excellencies,
I'm Elettra Alberighi, ambassador of the Republic of Florence to the Kingdom of England, Scotland and Ireland.
I apologize for the delay, but I have been appointed to this position only a few days ago and I started traveling to the castle as soon as I was able to do so.
I hope to establish diplomatic relations and trade relations with many of you.
Your Highness, it is a great honor to meet you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Rothar walked over to greet the young woman.
It's a pleasure to meet you Elettra, bow's in front
of the fine ladies presence.

Such a delight to meet a charming excellency all the
way from Florence.

Roth introduced himself "I am the Chancellor of Ayr County, Scotland."

You must be thirsty, pours a glass of "Scotland Whisky"
this will warm Milady up. "He lets out a hearty laugh".

Hands glass of whiskey politely too Elettra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Elettra smiled and said

I gladly accept a bit of your excellent whisky.
In return please enjoy these almond cookies called Cantuccini, dipped in Vin Santo, a Tuscan dessert wine with high alcohol content.
It seems to me that this is the right way to start the conference...

Then she approached to him and laughed quietly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Roth takes a cookie from Elettra. "Thank you Milady".
He watches Elettra dip her biscuit in some Vin Santo.
"Then he tries the same, hey these taste wonderful."

Did Elettra make these herself?

I'll have to get the recipe and maybe a crate full of this "Vin Santo".
He lets out a hearty laugh.

Share among the ambassadors back home in Scotland. Smile
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Becki took a moment to settle her nerves then approached some of the people who had introduced themselves as from the various regions of France, smiled and quietly said, "Bonsoir ducs respectés, duchesses, chanceliers et des ambassadeurs.. Je suis Beckiboo11 plus, appelez-moi simplement Becki, et j'ai été nommé ambassadeur auprès de Ayr en France. Je voulais venir à me présenter à vous dans l'espoir que nous pouvons devenir des amis rapidement.. Je ne l'espoir d'obtenir en France dès que le voyage est encore dans sa phase de planification. S'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi toutes les erreurs dans mon français, je suis toujours de travail pour le rendre meilleur."

English Translation: Good evening respected Dukes, Duchesses, Chancellors and Ambassadors. I am Beckiboo11, most call me just Becki, and I have been named Ayr's Ambassador to France. I wanted to come over to introduce myself to you in the hope that we can become friends soon. I do hope to get to France soon though the trip is still in its planning stages. Please forgive me any mistakes in my French- I am always working to make it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Duchess of Cholet and Chancellor of Brittany she is, and so she is announced as she enters an already-full room. She takes a glass and glances around. Many familiar faces -sometimes surprisingly, some unknown, and most in the middle of some drinking and chatting. She is fine with her presently quiet and lonely situation. Observing is part of a diplomat's mission, after all.
Taking a sip, she looks around, trying to decipher expressions, coats of arms, accents from here and there...

She then turns her head towards a newcomer introducing herself.

Greetings. Don't worry about your French. It seems to me that almsot everyone here is fine with English, if you can excuse the continental sounds that sometimes colour it. If you want to practise your French, however, then it is a different question.

Smile, and glass handed over.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Becki smiles at Chimera as she took the glass. "Thank you. I have no problem with English, obviously being more comfortable with it. I am always looking to practice my French since I will be making the trip there at some point and I know it will be helpful. Right now, I am just enjoying meeting new people, learning about them and hopefully finding some new friends."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Watching the gathered guests, young Seamus is pleased to hear other conversations beginning. At least with others chatting, he does not feel quite so much like he is monopolizing anyone's attention. With these things in his mind he maintains a friendly expression, and sips his glass of whiskey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next