Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference

Go down 
+5
baldar
diablo
beckiboo11
Marie
Caitilin*
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

World Conference - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Having climbed down from her coach, Patan spent a few minutes making herself presentable before following the directions to the conference room. She walked in, looking around at those present, recognising the Regent but few others. A faint flush stained her cheek at the knowledge that she was extremely late, and she walked forward towards the host and hostess, waiting until they were free for moment before introducing herself with a smile and a graceful curtsy, "Good day, I am Patan, the Chancellor of Somerset...I do apologise for my lateness. I fear that having several jobs around my town and county, as well as further afield, sometimes takes its toll. My correspondence occasionally builds up to the extent that now and then I find myself embarrassed by arriving at events somewhat after the appointed time."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Deekay smiled at Lady Roberta

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. I hope it all goes well for you.

At the announcement of the Regent's arrival, he bowed deeply. He hoped the Regent had accepted he was simply being forthright at the dinner in London. As he seemed a fair man, with luck he would accept the comments.

He joined Ambassador Brylastar.

"Bry my friend. How is Champagne?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Bry smiled instantly as Deekay joined them.

Deekay, what a pleasure! I have to thank you for the invitation: Champagne would not have missed this wonderful meeting for anything in the world! Champagne is good thank you, what about you, what have you been working on lately? I must apologize for my long absence, I was praying and just taking time with myself...

But I am sorry, here are His Excellency Machteld van Eckhardt, Chancellor of Holland, and His Excellency Kerididl, Chancellor of Orléans. I don't kwno if you have already met each other, but I think you would get along!

Bry laughed, taking carefully another sip.

It's been long! I have been talking a lot about you to our politicians about renewing our relationship, but as you know, it takes time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Nice to meet you Ambassador Deekay, it's a pleasure and as I said to our collegues, I hope this conference will be the beginning of a plenty of alliances and contacts.

Turning to Ambassador Rothar.

Excellency, I'll be glad to talk about France with you, and to learn more about England, Scotland and all the english-speaking countries. I promess we'll receive your Ambassador as well as if it was you or a crowned head.

Smile then yop ! Mouth in the glass to taste the wine.

Yummy !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Diplomacy.

Every animal use to struggle with its fellow beings. A war does not surprise anybody as any bestial movement can be forecast. But Men talk. Before, during, after the fight. Words to comfort, to hurt, to reveal, to hide or reveal. Words to kill and words to live. Men talk and they cannot stop talking.

Pretty much interesting...

England. It has been such a long time... the crossing was tranquil. The winds took the ship from Landreger to Fowey, without a noise. The passengers came on the dusty road until the castle de Stryke. A place of pride and magnificence. Then... The Jester has not pronounced a word since the heavy doors have been opened to let him enter the conference room. Listen. Listen to these sweet murmurs coming from all that cheerful faces. You are a chancellor, and you are the symbol of a power. Anjou's power ? Nothing valuable here. Nothing but a name, a name which has been shouted and written many times on the other shore. Champagne ? Orléans ? Few letters. Sycophantic vacuity, sooner or later sunk into oblivion.

Sat on a seat in the corner, the Jester watches the show.
A regent now ; this is kings' time.
He gives a smile.

Diplomacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Rothar listened to Excellency Keridil's words...

While he smiled sipping on his wine.
It's wonderful now that countries are not as far away as they used to be.
Now with sea travel discovered.
My Ayr Ambassador for France is Beckiboo11 and she is very keen to travel to France soon.

Certainly extend an invitation, out to Orleans Embassy and Duchy in hand of friendship
and hope one day we see a french ambassador in Ayr County.

Looks at the delightful Jester, as he wanders in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Roberta smiles at Deekay. Thank you. I will pass your words on to Chris when next I see him. Roberta turns her head as Caitilin announces Prince Chris. She smiles to see so many from Cornwall here at an international conference. Her little corner of the world was becoming well known and it swelled her heart with pride. She dipped a deep curtsy to Prince Chris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Brylastar your excellency, so you're from Champagne?

What does he do for fun over in Champagne?
I wonder if Brylastar brought over some French bottles,
I would love to sample some of the french stocks sometime. Smile

Again I do lack much knowledge on French counties.
So I'm sorry about that, but these conferences open the eyes
to much and what's going on around them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Keridil wrote:
Excellency, it's a real pleasure to meet you, indeed it would be such a idea to develop our relationship with Holland, and I can assure you that your french speaking is excellent, and I'm absolutely sorry not to be able to answer in your language. It's a mistake I'll try to correct, and I invite you soon to come to Orleans.
Maggy smiled, hearing the kind words of Sir Keridil.

I'll be looking forward to receive your invitation, Sir Keridil. If you ever should visit our Embassy, I'll be glad to teach you some Dutch.

Another man joined them and Lord Brylaster introduced her to him. He was the Chancellor of Stafford, Lord Deekay.

Nice to meet you, your Excellency. And Lord Brylaster is right. We never met before. It's an honour for me, to become acquainted with so many foreign colleagues at this conference.

Then her attention was drawn to a lady, who introduced herself as Chancellor of Somerset. Maggy was glad to see her. Maybe a conversation with her, could solve a problem that existed for some time. Maggy turned to her male colleagues.

Your Excellencies, if you would excuse me now. I would like to meet the Lady who has just arrived.

Maggy nodded friendly and walked away from them.
Back to top Go down
CastleGuard1

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 pm

The castle guard watched the gentleman in the corner mumbling. He started to move forward but stopped short at Lady Caitilin's nod. He again took his position at the door of the conference room but kept close watch on the Jester.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Weaving her way through the crowd, Cait saw the guard move from his appointed station. Her eyes followed his and fell on one of the guests. She lifted two goblets from a nearby tray and made her way to the corner of the room. Face to face with the Jester, Cait smiled softly and held out a goblet to her guest.

Please, do you mind if I take a seat here with you? May I offer you a cup of excellent Tuscan wine? Not waiting for a response she settles in the corn as well. I'm afraid we have not been introduced. I am Caitilin de Lusignon one of the hosts of this gathering and you are...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 am

Bry smiled at Rothar.

Excellency, I am pleased to meet you. I am indeed Chancellor of Champagne, trying to meet the world leaderds... what a programm, isn't it?!

Bry laughed, taking a sip.

Have you ever been there? We have the most interesting cathedral in Reims, but if I can give you a piece of advice, the most beautiful city is certainly Compiègne ^^ well speaking of knowing champagne... have you ever tried our wine? It is... undefined, I don't know how to say, but there are bubbles in there, I can swear!

Laughing again, Bry smiled at the Chancellor of Holland to excuse her.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 am

Patan wrote:
"Good day, I am Patan, the Chancellor of Somerset...I do apologise for my lateness. I fear that having several jobs around my town and county, as well as further afield, sometimes takes its toll. My correspondence occasionally builds up to the extent that now and then I find myself embarrassed by arriving at events somewhat after the appointed time."

Lady Patan, you are far from late. There are still others arriving and the meetings have yet to begin. She hands Patan a goblet of wine. Please relax for awhile and enjoy yourself. I'm sure we will be getting a lot of work done here.
Back to top Go down
falconfire
Honourable Brother of the house
Honourable Brother of the house

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am

Falconfire looks down from the stair case always keeping an eye on the Prince, out of habit he supposes but in these halls things were very well secure. There was one individual that caught his eye and aroused his interest. Looking at the head of the Castle Guards he points to his eye then to the person. The guard gives him a nod in return.

He glances around the crowd and see's a few faces he knew and wanted to greet. Coming down from the rooms he see's Lady Roberta in the Conference room and approaches. My Lady so good to see you and welcome to our home. I wish Chrisius could have made the trip with you, please give him my regards and I hear congratulations are in order here. I don't think he could be blessed with a finer Lady. I will see you around here soon. Moving to lady Patan, he smiles at her, why it has been quite a long time since I have seen you. You are looking well my Lady. Let me know if you request anything.

Seeing his sister talking to the man he was watching, he walks over. Hi sis, you have out done yourself on this conference and I think it is going well. Hello sir I am Falconfire, pleasure to meet you, and you are a representative from where?
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 am

Baldar noticed that both Cait and Falcon were curious of the jester, Baldar smiling went to where is brother was,

Falcon, Cait may I introduce you to Lord Edern, Chancellor of the Duché d'Anjou.

I am glad you could make it my Lord, you have met my wife Caitilin and my brother Falconfire,

I hope that everything is fine with your room and the staff are looking after you, pelase ask for whatever you need. Please excuse us while we return to the other guests,

He takes Caits arm and bowing moves back towards the Regent, where soon he would announce the start of the conference.
Back to top Go down
Natale

Natale

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 am

Arrived with the last guests, the viscount made his entrance to the meeting room.
Already many persons were gathered here with accents coming from each part of the known world.
A little loose in front of all this people he was looking for a person known in the assembly, he recognized his cousin, their host, who seemed well surrounded.
The Castel guard guided him until Baldar where he made a discreet arrival.

That was from the Rhodania Conférence, a long time ago, that he has not took part from one of those great meetings. Certainly there was the foundation of The Pyrenean Alliance, there was also all the efforts deployed during the war of this summer, but it was a little different...
Sons of... Cousin of... Whom was he?
Only himself, Viscount – soon Earl, Lord, a link beyond the seas, representing of his own delegation & at the service of The Crown, to its way... But above all, invited by the couple which had decided to gather them all here.
Arrived just after the presentations he didn’t know who was all the people, For the moment he could only judge in the appearance of the guests.

- Hello my dear !
The time to embrace his cousin.
- How are you ? Thank you for having invited me to your table.
Then more low:
- Who are all these persons? Where are your close relations?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Well. Pieces move from squares to squares. Where do they run ? Towards other pieces ? Nothingness ? Who knows.

I'm afraid we have not been introduced. I am Caitilin de Lusignon one of the hosts of this gathering and you are...?

That is a good question. As his long fingers are taking the goblet of not-so-famous-compared-to-its-Angevin-equivalent wine, he gives the woman a brief nod. A response to her sentence is about to cross his lips when two men come along. One stays, one leaves with Caitilin. A couple to rule a country, what a clever idea. Anyway. Everyone is looking after me, for sure. My room is fine. There is no need to worry about the baby...

The Jester looks at Falcon.

Lord Edern... you can call me the Jester.

Or whatever you want. I do not really mind. Each language is rich enough to grant me another name.

As sir Baldar mentioned, I represent Anjou. Its Duke, Lord Finam de Montmorency. Its proud, crafty and unwavering people.

Let us play a new game, named incertitude. A few minutes before the beginning of the conference. With the same rules...

You seem to be quite observant... what do you think of these kind chancellors ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Smiling her thanks at Lady Caitilin, Patan took the goblet of wine, "Thank you, Lady Caitilin...I must admit I was rather concerned that I was very late indeed, but I shall be happy to relax a little before the proceedings begin."

Hearing a familiar voice, she returned the smile, "Hello, Sir Falconfire, how nice to see you again! Yes indeed, it has been a long time... and thank you, I shall find you if I need anything...you are most kind."

Patan took a sip of the wine, and stood quietly and glanced around the room, curious about the various chancellors.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 am

Baldar embraced and greeted his cousin Natale, good you coould make it Cousin, can I introduce you to my wife Caitilin, and my brother Falconfire. It is good to have you here, excuse me for a moment I will leave you in Cait company for the moment. we will talk later

Baldar gets the attention of the guests and bowing to the Regent, faces the gathered in the room.

Your Royal Highness, Prince Braveheart, Regent of England, Princes, Dukes, Chancellors , and Ambassadors here,

I, Sir Baldar de Lusignon, Baron of St. Ives, , as Vice-Chancellor of the Royal Embassy of England, and on behalf of my Loving wife Dame Caitlin de Stryke-Lusignon,Looking at his lovely wife have the honour to welcome you in England and in Castle de Stryke.

The Diplomatic Conference is a way for all countries to meet so as to begin today in this specially prepared room for England and its Counties to get to know and speak of possible ideas and new friendships for trade and peace between all our neighbouring nations. This is by far the biggest sign of the desire for cooperation between all countries involved and it is certainly the largest and innovative attempt in economic and diplomatic cooperation in the history of the Kingdoms..
I am pleased to see here the representatives of many countries, of the Kingdoms, and this shows that there is a wanting of peace and trade, and most of all friendship between nations.

I would like to do the following,

1) the creation of a common area, which will be this room at the end of the conference, in which the Trade Ministers of the countries that agree with the proposals, brought by this conference, may have contact with each other and know each other. This common place of meeting may also serve to enable each Trade Minister to present goods which they want to buy or sell, so it will be easier to find those interested and facilitate trade.

2) I would like to see ideas to come about how better to trade between counties and countries.
I attended a trade conference in Venice that opened my eyes to the vast possibilities of Trade systems, and agreements between different countries to save time and travel costs. With the opening of sea lanes this gives us even more reason to better the trade systems.

3) Another room will be created for our diplomats and leaders to discuss about diplomatic relations between countries so as to define which ways of removing obstacles, and better the relations for each country.

Finally I hope that at the conclusion of this conference there will be agreements between all parties to ensure economic and diplomatic cooperation.

Thank you again for coming here ... We will organize soon, in the pauses of the conference, a dinner party here at the castle to finish off with a grand ball so as to get to know each other more informally.

Thank you to all

Last edited by baldar on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add ins)
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 am

Cait rose as Falcon approached and gave him a big hug. It's good that you could join us, brother. She smiled at Baldar when he joined their little goup and introduced the Lord Edern, Chancellor of the Duché d'Anjou. A graceful curtsies was her response to the Jester. My Lord Edern, I would like to welcome you along with my husband.

Caitilin was whisked away to to meet Baldar's cousin, Natale. Her smile was warm and inviting for her husband's cousin from abroad. Natale, I am very happy to meet you. I'm afraid I have only met of few of Baldar's kin and I welcome you to Castle de Stryke. Please make it your home and visit often, please. She dipped into a curtsy and as she rose she embraced her newly met cousin and kissed his cheek. Cait lifted a goblet from a passing tray and handed it to Natale. Tapping the rim of her cup to his, she offered a toast to their meeting. Welcome cousin. May your road be easy and may you always find comfort within these walls. Salute!

As Baldar stepped away to start the conference she sipped from her goblet, staying beside Natale. Her eyes never left her husband as he spoke. She was more than proud to be Baldar's wife. She loved him deeply and Cait thanked Jah for bringing him into her life...well and Alex too, for it was her brother that had introduced them. When their eyes met during his greeting to those present she smiled softly and lifted her goblet to him. Baldar's words rang in the room and spoke of their desire to assist the world's nations in coming together. What better purpose could their home serve? Not only could they be in service to England but to the nations of the world. Their dreams were coming to fruition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:24 am

Responding to Lady Caitilin...

My Lady, thank you for welcoming me to your home. It is an honor to be in attendance and thank you for your extreme hospitality.

Chris then turned and began greeting those that approached to greet him....

It is indeed a pleasure to be here today and quite the honor to be here with so many great minds around our world. I look forward to speaking to you about friendships and England. I have set an aggressive agenda for myself to gain as many allies as England can and formalize this friendship by signing Treaties with your Kingdoms. So I do look forward to talking to each of you and a pleasure to meet all of you who I don't know and good to see some old friends too.

Chris turns to listen to Lord Baldar as he begins addressing those gathered.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:46 am

The room are going to be full of Excellency and the meeting seem to be started, Sir Baldar de Lusignon spoke about what he, exactly, feel since the first time he come in this magnificent Castle.

And he fell a little bit proud, that the Idea of a word wonderful conference come from a international meeting that took place in one of the Italian Repubblich, in Venice.

He heard that a new room for TM are opened, now in his Republic we are very close to the election of a new Council, and a new Prince or Princess will be recognised soon. He know that in this period is better to remain present and wait the new instruction that will come form Siena, but he is very happy to see that the conference is close to begin.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 am

Val1 wrote:
Val1 entered the conference room after some time spent changing clothes and refrshing himself. He saw a crowd of people some with French accents, some with Italian accents and of course the different hosts.

Good afternoon, my name is Val1, Grand Ambassadeur royal representing the French court. As you can imagine some of you may know the reason we are here but I am myself a bit ignorant at the moment.

He just waited and was listenning some conversations around.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:37 am

Chris Braveheart wrote:
Responding to Lady Caitilin...

My Lady, thank you for welcoming me to your home. It is an honor to be in attendance and thank you for your extreme hospitality.

Your Highness it is one way that Baldar and I can be of service to England and to the nations of the world.
She leaned closer to the Regent's ear and smiled, whispering. Besides anytime I can get my husband home for a bit is worth the time and energy. I do love hosting a grand affair such as this as well. As the Prince addressed the others Cait moved to greet the new arrivals.

The food and drink was refreshed by their efficient staff. Caitilin nodded to Anthony and then to the Grand Ambassador from the French court. The young man picked up a tray and moved to Val1's side. The mistress of the house followed. Your Excellency, Lord Val, may I add my welcome to that of my husband's, you are most welcome to Castle de Styrke. I do hope the staff have made you comfortable. She held out her hand and curtsied. My Lord, you may have missed Lord Baldar's address. We are here to create friendships with nations around the world. My husband and I wish to offer our home for that purpose. I do believe Baldar can explain it better than I.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:29 am

Lady Ghostwriter Weishui slipped into the Conference Room quietly, seeing many faces already there as she looked around. She heard the Vice Chancellor give this opening speech of welcome and smiled as then the Regent too spoke. Ghostwriter saw some familiar faces as her eyes scanned the room while she listened to the men talked, taking a drink from a passing tray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next