Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference

Go down 
+5
baldar
diablo
beckiboo11
Marie
Caitilin*
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

World Conference - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Your Excellency, I am thrilled that the Duchess of Normandie will join us, this is a big honor, and as I never met her, I am looking forward to having a small chat with her.

Bry smiled at the Chancellor and looked then around to see who were the other people; he saw a young man, and Bry kind of remembered him, he was the one asking questions when the elections were hold; but Bry wasn't that sure about it. He made a small smile to him, and then returned to his seat. A lot of work was coming, but this was all diplomacy was about.

Grabbing a fruit and a small glass of whiskey, Bry thought this would help to get the work done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:16 am

Viceroy bowed his head to Lady Cit. "Thank you for the hospitality. I have been shown some very comfortable quarters and look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting others who will hopefully be good friends of England," he said taking the goblet. Lightly taking a wiff of it, he smiled. Taking a sip into his mouth, he let the liquid tease his palate. "A most excellent wine," he said taking another small drink.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:55 am

As the people were reading the draft copy, Baldar stood to speak again,

My Lords and Ladies, I would also bring to the attention of the present an example of a possible Judicial treaty, to be part of the International treaty.

Quote :
International Judicial Assistance Treaty

Quote :
We, the people of xxxxx, and the people of xxxxxxx are proud of our Natioanl roots and culture, and devoted to the defence of our common values and laws. We share the same objectives in our beloved Kingdom of xxxxx, and xxxxxxof xxxxx.

We share the same will to punish all criminals and free our soil from their dirt.

In witness thereof, the xxxxxx of xxxxxx and xxxxx (the “Signatories”), through this treaty (the “Judicial Treaty”), are hereby joining our efforts, for the peace and prosperity of xxxxxx and xxxxx
From the deep of our hearts, we wish this Treaty to be extended to any future Duchy or Kingdom.

Article I - Governing principles

1. Upon the signing of this Judicial Treaty, the Signatories agree that no one should flee from legal proceedings or attempt escape from his/her Duchy’s authority.

2. A citizen prosecuted by one Signatory’s jurisdiction will be subject to the laws and customs of the Signatory where the alleged offence was committed.

Article II - Procedures

1. If an accused person flees from a Signatory (the Prosecuting Duchy) allied by this treaty in an attempt to flee justice, the Prosecuting Duchy authorities may require judicial assistance from the other Signatories. Should the accused person be located in another Signatories territory (the “Assisting Duchy”), then he will be either (i) extradited to the Prosecuting Duchy or, at the Assisting Duchy’s option, (ii) judged by the duly appointed judicial authorities or the Assisting Duchy.

In the latter case, there will be a full cooperation between prosecutors and judges from both Duchies in order that the defendant receives a judgment he would have received if he had not fled. The accused should also be provided a competent defence council in the Assisting Duchy.

2. The procedure will be the following:

- Indictment on demand by the Prosecuting Duchy. The Prosecuting Duchy prosecutor will write the bill of indictment. Proof of Evidence against the accused will be required from the Prosecuting Duchy to the Assisting Duchy prior to posting of any indictment.
- The whole procedure is under the primary jurisdiction of the Prosecuting Duchy. The Local Assisting Duchy Judge will write the sentence, but will show motives of his decision following the law of the Prosecuting Duchy.
- Collaboration is required between juridical authorities from both duchies in order to keep the laws of both the Prosecuting and Assisting Duchies respected and complied with.

Article III

1. The Duchy Councils, Dukes, their heirs, and successors are contractually obligated to respect the entire treaty. Disregard of any clause(s) within this treaty frees the other party of his commitment until a compensation is made/or agreements can be reached.

2. In the event the Castle of one Signatory is taken over, laws in effect prior to the rebel council being instituted will continue to be in effect, regardless of any actions by the rebel council. The judges and public prosecutors of the Signatories will work together for the equitable justice to be meted out.

3. A unilateral cancellation of present treaty in a peacetime context should comply with the process hereunder; otherwise, it would be assumed as a hostile act and could lead to a response by the offended party.
First, the Council of the Duchy that considers withdrawal will have to decide with a 75% majority to withdraw. Second, the Duke of the withdrawing Duchy will notify privately the other Signatory Dukes; then, an official and formal declaration (the “Termination Declaration”) will be published in the other Signatories' Inns. Copies should be posted in the Embassies as well.
Termination will take effect 3 full days after the Termination Declaration.

4. The termination process will not stop procedures already in progress pursuant to the present Treaty and will continue until judgment is rendered.

5. Any unilateral cancellation in a war situation will be assumed as a treason act and could lead to full retaliation.

6. A full or partial amendment of the treaty or even his cancellation can be decided by mutual consent.

7 - New members

Each new Duchy or Kingdom is invited to join, by countersigning the present Treaty.
However, if said integration of a new Duchy creates a major threat, any prior Signatory may, within 5 days after the adherence of the new Duchy, veto (by a Council decision) the admission of the new member. The new member shall however retain the right to make further admissions procedures.
The new membership will take effect only after the 5-day veto period has elapsed, assuming that no veto has been issued.

8. Any Constitution rightfully approved by the people of each Signatory, conflicting a clause in the present Treaty, will supersede the present Treaty’s clause.

2nd Version

Treaty of judicial cooperation among the XXX of XXX and the XXX of XXX

In their great wisdom,____________, The XXX of the XXX of XXX and xxx, xxx of xxx, have asked to put in writing the present Treaty of judicial cooperation that binds the people of the xxx of xxx and of the xxx of xxx, with the intent to establish and to preserve a lasting friendship.

Art I.

Any individual that has committed an offence or a crime towards the law and the rules active in the territory of one of the two contractors will on request of a warrant for their arrest, to be sought and taken prisoner, after which with a decision made of communal accord, either extradited or put on trial by the judicial authorities on the territory of which the individual has been arrested .

Art. II –.

The common accord foresees a full and effective cooperation between prosecuting attorneys and judges of the two countries/counties so that the accused receives the same type of trial that he would have received if he/she had not run away from the justice of the requesting country (on the territory of which he/she has infringed the law), being the trial done for and on behalf of by proxy of the country that has sent forth the warrant for the arrest (The Requestor).

Art. III. –

The prosecuting Attorney of the Requestor is to compile the documents of accusation based on the Laws or customs on which the crime is reputed to have been done. These documents will be sent to the prosecutor of the country/County where the trial is taking place, complete with all evidence in his possession of the crime committed by the accused.

The requesting Judge must receive all the details of the trial.

The Requesting Judge will compile the sentence providing the acts and laws on which it is based, sending the documents to the prosecuting Judge presiding the trial, for his opinion. The Latter’s decision will be final, using the laws and acts of the accusing Country/County.

Art. IV -

The members of the prefecture, of justice and of the of the contracting parts (Prefects, Captains, Sergeants, Judges, Chancellors, and Attorneys) promise to actively collaborate so that the laws of the two countries are respected, particularly:

- sharing their information on the individuals or groups of individuals identified as potentially dangerous. Informing the other party by sending a Notice alert, of all the disorders and crimes that they could cause to a contractor on his/her territory.

- By enforcing the respect the law when an offence or crime has been committed and the accused is on the territory of one of the two contractors. The procedure foresees the issue of a warrant of arrest, which is a request to proceed to the investigation, to the arrest, to the accusation of the crime and the conviction of the accused.

Art V..

Presented by an Official of the Requesting party, as follows:

Duchy/County________

Nature of the Request: warrant of arrest / Notice of alert

Sender ( name, Function)

Date:

Accused ( Name/Names)

Description of the Crime/offence or danger.

Location of the offence/crime and of offender or of the individuals

Complete file of the Evidence of the Case

The Laws and Articles on which the accusation is based.

IG identification of the individual/ Individuals

Art. VI –

The trial must not be superior to three weeks between the accusation and the pronunciation of the verdict. The Judge will ensure that the trial verdict is delivered within three weeks of the formal indictment. If the trial is not finished within this period the accused shall be acquitted.

Art VII -

The attached formalities, particularly those related to the rights of the accused will be discussed by the Judges, Attorneys and Prefects of the contractors. The Chancellors of the contractors will proceed to the archiving of the trials.

Art. VIII -

If one of the contracting parties wishes to terminate this Treaty it may do so by the Duke or Chancellor giving at least four days written notice to the other party's Duke and/or Chancellor. Each party shall then make known the termination of the Treaty in public forums. Termination shall not affect any case in progress in the Courts

Art. IX -

By mutual consent, the terms of this Treaty can be amended
Art. X - .

The present treaty goes into effect without limitation of time after the ratification by the contractors, and that it applies to their country/ County and their people.

Art XI -

This Judicial Treaty is written in English and is to be translated into the relevant language spoken by the xxx of xxxx. Both versions will be considered valid and correct, both the English Version and xxxxx version shall always be considered Legal and useable in the Courts of Law (This can be removed if treaty between English speaking Countries and Counties).

Signed_____________________________________________

Signed ______________________________________________
Back to top Go down
diablo

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Don Luciano was still reading the treaty when Baldar presented a Judicial Treaty, Luciano took a copy and began to read and take notes.

Returning to the treaty he began to write down ideas as they came.
A lot can be done hear, for the good of the countries here
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 am

One of the Guards came into the room and going to Baldar presented him a parchment,

and whispers
My Lord this has arrived from Provence. Baldar takes the parchement with the seal of the Provence, and begins to read it, he looks up from the document his eyes cold.

My Lords and Ladies, I have recieved this message from our Embassy.

Prunille wrote:
Tell me if you don't understand... I'll try to translate !

[spoiler]
Quote :
A tous les Chanceliers des Royaumes,

Excellence,

Par la présente, à la demande de Sa Majesté Hersende de Brotel, Marquise des Alpes Occidentales, et de Son Illustre Grandeur, Massimin d’Aubignan, Comte de Provence libre, je vous informe des graves évènements qui ont lieu actuellement en Provence et des répercussions que ces évènements pourraient avoir sur vos contrées.

La Provence a été envahie par une bande de bandits réunis en armée, composée pour partie de membre de l’Ordo Equitum Negrum et pour partie de membres d’Amesha. Ce sont principalement des gens originaires d'Irlande et d'états italiens.

Le château d’Aix a été pris. Les Provençaux se sont rassemblés, ont défait l’armée des bandits et pourchassent ceux qui sont en fuite. Nous avons repris le château d'Aix.

Mais cette menace n’est pas éteinte, loin de là.

Ces bandits sont venus se battre et piller, par plaisir. Ils n’ont en rien caché le peu de cas qu’ils font de nous, de nos coutumes ou de nos aspirations. Nous n'étions rien que des pions sur leur échiquier. Il en va de même pour les gens des autres Comtés et Duchés. Ces bandits ne trouvent de plaisir que dans la guerre.

Ils ont claironné leur souhait de s’établir en Provence et d'y construire une base pour pouvoir faire la guerre partout dans les Royaumes, notamment en faisant d'un de nos port un arsenal, nous proposant de devenir leurs féaux de bon gré, ou, à défaut, de force. Et si nous leur résistons trop, sans doute en prendront-ils un autre pour ce faire.

Ils ont particulièrement menacé de s'en prendre prochainement à un riche Comté plus au Nord.

Et force est de constater qu’ils ont les moyens de leur politique, tant financiers qu’humains.

Même vaincus, ils invectivent et agressent nos plénipotentiaires par des propos comminatoires, ou tentent de les circonvenir par des arguments mielleux mâtinés de menaces, nous promettant de revenir, plus nombreux et plus puissants encore.

Ils comptent faire des Royaumes un immense champ de bataille. Mais les Royaumes sont infiniment plus qu’un champ de bataille. Nous y fondons nos espérances et y construisons nos vies.

Entre céder à leurs exigences et résister, nous avons décidé de nous battre, au risque d’être anéantis, car l’avenir qu’ils promettent sous leur férule est un non-avenir.

Par la présente, nous vous informons de cela, car ces bandits, ces "sauterelles", tenteront de nous dévorer encore, mais tenteront également de dévorer tous les Comtés et Duchés de tous les Royaumes, un à un.

Comme je l'ai dit ci-avant, ils lorgneraient déjà un riche Comté "plus au Nord".

Les bandits sont plus nombreux. Ils se disent 500. Nos informations semblent confirmer qu'ils sont 180 dans la région. Ils ont été 70 en Provence au faîte de leur puissance. Si la rumeur a porté quelque information relative à eux jusqu’à vos oreilles, vous saurez combien ils sont puissants, en effet.

La présente n’est pas un appel au secours : nous n'en demandons aucun présentement. Ce sont les Royaumes qu’il faut maintenant secourir. Et nous pensons que nous le ferions mieux ensemble.

Si tel est également le sentiment de votre gouvernement, nous vous invitons à nous rejoindre en Chancellerie Provençale, pour parler plus avant de ce que nous pourrions faire pour juguler efficacement ces "sauterelles".

Dans l’attente de vous lire, nous vous prions de croire, Excellence, à l’assurance de notre parfaite considération.

Fait à Avignon le 14 décembre 1458,

Constance de Champlecy

Chancelière du Marquisat des Alpes Occidentales

World Conference - Page 8 101126034929958165

Iskander

Chancelier Comtal de Provence

World Conference - Page 8 Chanpj

(OOC Rough translation, and i ask our French friends to correct me if it is translated wrong, my french is not up to scratch Neutral )

(* To all the Chancellors of the Kingdoms

Excellency,

Hereby, at the request of Her Majesty Hersende of Brotel, Marquise of the Western Alps, and His Illustrious Highness, Massimini Aubignan, Count of Provence, I inform you of the serious events that are taking place in Provence and the impact that these events could have on your lands.

Provence was invaded by a gang of bandits gathered in an army, composed partly of members of the Ordo Equitum Negrum and partly of members of Amesha. These are mainly people from the Irish and Italian states.

The castle of Aix was taken. The Provencals rallied, defeated the army of bandits and chased those who were fugitives. We took the castle of Aix.

But this threat is not extinct, far from it.

These bandits have come to fight and plunder, for pleasure. They have nothing to hide of how little they consider us, our customs or our aspirations. We were nothing but pawns in their chess board. It applies to people from other counties and duchies. These bandits find only pleasure in war.

They announced their desire to settle in Provence and to build a power base to make war anywhere in the Realms, including a port as an arsenal, we we offered to become their vassals willingly, or, failing that, by force. And if we stand up to them too, no doubt they will go take another (I assume County or Duchy) to do so.

They specifically threatened to attack very soon a rich county in the north.

And it is clear they have the means wether political, financial and human.

Although defeated, and they insult our plenipotentiaries by threatening, or attempting to circumvent arguments with there suave crossbred threats, promising to return, more and more powerful still.

They expect to make a huge battlefield in the Kingdoms. But the kingdoms are infinitely more than just a battlefield. We base our expectations and build our lives.

Between yielding to their demands and resisting, we decided to fight at the risk of being wiped out because there promises for the future under their rule there is no future.

Hereby we inform you that, because these thugs, these "locusts", try to eat us still, but they will also try to eat all the counties and duchies of all kingdoms, one by one.

As I said above, they already eyeing a rich County "further north".

The bandits are more numerous. They say 500. Our data seem to confirm that they are 180 in the region. They were 70 in Provence at the height of their power. If the voices that have brought some information on them to your ears, you will know how powerful they are, in fact.

This is not a cry for help: currently we are not asking. It will be the kingdoms that now need help. And we think that we would do better together.

If this is also the feeling of your government, we invite you to join us in Chancery Provencal, to speak more quickly than we could do to deal effectively with these "locusts".

please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Made in Avignon December 14, 1458,

Constance Champlecy
Chancellor of the Marquessate of the Western Alps)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:41 pm

She recognized Brylastar, Akane and Keri!!!

I'm finally here, forgive me for the delay! My Duchess should also come too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Bry saw Deedlitt as she arrived; he smiled instantely and went to greet her.

Excellency, I am glad to see you here! I hope the journey wasn't too difficult as well. Anyway, you didn't miss the most important part of the work, so don't worry!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Val1 greeted Deedlitt who came as well to this conference. He smiled her and thought to speak more with her soon. He decided to took this opportunit to speak.

Miladies, Mylords, first of all thank you for inviting us here for this conference. I see that a lot of French duchies are here present and I thank them for coming, the problem is that your documents, both treaties, will be impossible for them to sign them. From my side, from the court side, I am going to say that for the moment, I cannot decide anything. As you may know, the French court is going to change, our king Levan III is going to be changed by another person. The election is not started, we just have different people who are interested. Just let me remember you that last year we were her. I was present to a same kind of conference with two others Frenc embassadors, we never saw any result from this time and this is a pity, but anyway, this is not the moment to speak about it.

We all have the same kind of problems. The judicial treaty and the trade treaty are not going to be signed by our embassies as we cannot do anything in relation with justice. In France justice is a problem of duchy, so if you want to let this document sign, you will have to go to all the different ducies and have them sign it. The trade problem is the same, the French Court cannot sign it by itself as they do not deal with any foreign country, this is our rules. The trade treaty will be like the judicial treaty, you will need to go to each local embassy to present it and make it sign. As rememberance, in France, the duchies do not have the rights to sign with a country, this is part of our pairie or the kings council and I know part of their members, you will need to start now in order to have an answer in minimum three years. I do not have any power for signing anythig alone even to decide for a signature. Our neighbours, the SRING German part for example, know the problem as they have a signature pending in the French offices for more than two years and a half. The pairie in charge of the final decision does not want to sign anything regarding trade or justice treaties.

I am sorry to tell you that, but for the moment, I am going to stay her as an observer without any power. If I come back in several months when a new king or queen will be leading the French court and with a lot of diplomacy, maybe I will have an answer.

I do not think that any of the French embassador here present coming from a French duchy will be able to sign it as it represent a trety between England and their local area.

I mean the idea of this conference could be security in the border, in sea, this could have been more interesting, but a conference regarding a trade union or a justice deal, sorry not for France, and leass now as the last person in charge of saying yes is the Grand Maitre and she is allergic at all that comes from abroad, so imagine that my job is very limited.

Sorry if I sound like a glacial shower to your hope but since one year, since the last conference, France has not responded to your idea, this is normal, we are limited, very limited in your movements and without any vision to the future.

Sorry again but all the different countries should wait to see the new king or queen before starting anything.

It can be a terrific shower for you and for some of our guest here around but it is the truth.

So if you need more information, I will be delight to speak with you about this in our office in Paris :

http://ambassades2france.forumpro.fr/index.htm

So I am not going to stay much longer as I am not useful here and sorry to tell it again, this remind me the last conference last year with no result. So excellencies, mylords, miladies, wish you a nice end of conference.

He just left the conference as it was not usefuld and could not do anything else. He went out of the castle and left the kingdom with the next boat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Welcome your Excellency, Deedlitt to the conference.

Rothar bows, I trust you had a safe journey.
I am Rothar from Ayr County, Scotland.

I like to be one of the first to welcome you and your duchess to the conference.

I been looking forward to making new friends, and interested hearing more from
all the different ambassadors here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 pm

She had listened to Val1 with attention. Then a man presented himself to her. She smiles to him before answering.

Nice to meet you Excellency Rothar.
I thank you for your kidness.
I'm really interested too and, if you agree, I will come to visit you in your embassy as soon as the conference ends.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Becki smiled as she saw the new people come in. When Deedlitt spoke she smiled again and said, "I too would like to see you there and hope to have the chance to get to know you better. I know I don't always speak much, but I do listen and would love the chance to get to know everyone better. I have always liked getting to know new people and learn about where they are from."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:44 am

She smiled, a lady talks to her, was to be Scottish also.

Nice to meet you Lady. I will see you there without any doubt.

Elle se dirigea vers Val1, il y avait quelque chose qui la troublait, elle lui murmura quelque chose en Français, ne voulant pas troublé la conférence par des intervention internes au fonctionnement Français.

She moved towards Val1, there was something which disturbed her. She murmured something in French to him, not wanting disturbed the conference by intervention about French operation.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 am

Sitting down at the rear of the spacious room, Alenyah - who felt faint after the breakfast and had arrived late at the conference - paced the meeting of eyes, looking for any familiar face.

She recognized among others, His Excellency Melian, her compatriote Natale, and turning toward the door, a smile lit up her face: a longtime friend had just passed the door : Viceroy himself.

She stood up carefully, and no vertigo happened this time. Reassured, she went to her friend, went behind him and patted his shoulder quietly ....
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Having listened to His excellency Lord Val, baldar stands,

Your excellency, thank you for your speach, and I have to say it does not come to me as a surprise or as you say a cold shower.

He sees Lord Val leave the room.

My Lords and Ladies, what Lord Val said is true, but I think that the conference has use for those counties and Duchies to get to know each other and begin diplomatic relations. I hope that the Chancellors and Ambassadors of the french Duchies are mature enough to understand that this conference is not just about trade, which the treaty can be used between the counties of England can sigh these treaties between them without the permission of King, Emperor, ecc. Hopefully with the New French King things might change. While I am sorry to see Lord Val go, but this conference can work on something that Lord Val has brought his only good idea , Borders against outlaws, rougue armies and sea protection.

All countires have had and still have problems with bandits, rough armies, ecc. who once commited a crime they can skip borders where there might not be a Judicial treaty with that county or Duchy so they get away.

The same we will soon have with pirates with the new sea lanes. We has the representatives of our countries can talk hear and come up with ideas, that each county/Duchy can propose, and that the French Duchies still under the Royal Domain can sigh without the French King's authority.

The one thing is where do the coastal waters of the countries touching the sea does there territorial waters finish, may be we can agree hear what each county, duchy country has there sea border.

Maybe we should have an international naval commision where all ships names and captains are registered by each country, and where names of pirate ships are noted.

The same with bandits on land, collaboration between the countries on lists of bandit's names and trouble makers of each country are signalled.

There is a lot to do hear and not like Lord val said that there is no use, all hear are free to talk and decide without interference. If Lord val doesn't feel he needs to be hear so be it, he is not needed the people who represent there single nations are important.

Come with your ideas My Lords and Ladies, we are hear to talk.

Baldar retakes his seat and waits for comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Viceroy smiles and nods towards Alenyah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Alenyah could not restrain a smile at seeing his friend shook his head, as usual. She came up to his ear and whispered :

Happy to finally see you again after such a long time, my dear friend.

Staying closed to him, she listened carefully to Baldar's speech and nodded to some remarks. As nobody seemed ready to speak, she took her courage in two hand and answered.

Excellence ... I guess we are all a little bit like you, and not really surprised with the intervention of Val. He has to follow the rules. But we have to
live and sharing experiences and difficulties could help seing the problems and maybe could lead to changes in the laws of our Kingdom. As he said, we probably won't be able to take decision... but let's discuss. Every big project, every small change always started one day with an exchange of views.

I guess there is one important point we can start with : iron. Most of our duchies and counties have difficulties to find it. Maybe some others have more than enough iron and would like to help the ones missing it. I take iron as an example and I suggest that all participants now explain the situation of their duchies/counties. We could then find some new ideas or paths to find a solution and help each other.
If we have more concrete examples, in terms of trade but maybe also in other matters, we could slowly find some new pathes to explore....

Hope you understand what I try to explain...

Alenyah looked at her neighbours to see if some of them would have reactions to her words ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 am

Rothar sends Deedlitt, a personal invitation via his messenger to come and visit the embassy area with us.

Whilst listening to Alenyah, and Viceroy talking... Roth straightens his kilt.
Sipping on his Scotch Whisky listening to several discussions taking place at the conference.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Baldar leaves his seat, bowing to the Regent

Your Highness,Mi Lords and Ladies, tis time we rest and reflect on what has been said so far, Dame Caitlin has had the stafff of the kitchen prepare a splendid dinner and I would invite our noble guests to make there way to the dinning room.

He takes his wife's arm and heads towards the dinning room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Nillicwyed was late in coming to the conference and found the people already leaving the conference room upon her arrival. Oh no, did I miss it all? Curse that pighead of a captain... She glanced over the group of dignitaries, but did not see Finn there, either. Wonderful! Here you are, your very first appointment as Ambassador and you go mess it up. Of course she said none of that aloud, heaven forbid! Then, almost with a sigh of relief, she recognized the Lord Baldar at the head of the crowd. She stepped up to him, curtsied as best she knew and spoke. Greetings, my Lord Baldar, from the German Kingdom. I apologize for my lateness, it is no small feat to find a ship to your beautiful coasts at this time of the year. Still, I hope I did not miss all important talks? She hoped - prayed! - that she did not blush, but she felt most awkward there in front of all the ambassadors and dignitaries. And now she even became aware of her garb - travelling clothes, worn and stained, hardly fit for such surroundings, but not to be changed now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:19 am

Welcome Nillicwyed to the conference.

I hope the ambassador from Germany enjoys herself.

I am Chancellor of Ayr County, in Scotland, it is a pleasure to meet such a distinguished woman.
Rothar bow's in her presence.
The people in Ayr are looking forward to learning a bit more about the various foreign countries
and maybe one day have future relations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:46 am

Nilli smiled at Chancellor Rothar and curtsied again. Mylord, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. We, too, hope to make new contacts and gain further knowledge of the many countries in our world. Is it not a pity that our merchants have found routes to the strangest lands, yet we hardly know each other who live in such relatively close proximity? She looked at him thoughtfully. So you are from Scotland... I have heard much of that land's beauty. Is it true that you have heath-grown mountain slopes which fall down steeply into the sea? And... and ancient creatures in your lakes? Nilli's eyes were gleaming with enthusiasm and curiosity as she asked these questions. She had alway wondered whether the strange tales her nurse had told her when she was a child were true. What a strange thought to be so close to her home, so close to the land where she had grown up - but then, "strange" would be a good label for most of her experiences. Wouldn't my life do for a wonderful tale if it was sung by the minstrels? she thought dryly.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:45 am

Nillicwyed wrote:
Nillicwyed was late in coming to the conference and found the people already leaving the conference room upon her arrival. Oh no, did I miss it all? Curse that pighead of a captain... She glanced over the group of dignitaries, but did not see Finn there, either. Wonderful! Here you are, your very first appointment as Ambassador and you go mess it up. Of course she said none of that aloud, heaven forbid! Then, almost with a sigh of relief, she recognized the Lord Baldar at the head of the crowd. She stepped up to him, curtsied as best she knew and spoke. Greetings, my Lord Baldar, from the German Kingdom. I apologize for my lateness, it is no small feat to find a ship to your beautiful coasts at this time of the year. Still, I hope I did not miss all important talks? She hoped - prayed! - that she did not blush, but she felt most awkward there in front of all the ambassadors and dignitaries. And now she even became aware of her garb - travelling clothes, worn and stained, hardly fit for such surroundings, but not to be changed now.

Baldar smiled, Mi Lady you are not late, the conference is still acive and there is still much to do, and as Lord Rothar metions, it is a way to learn of each others countries and get to know people.

Please join us
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:56 am

At Baldar's side, Caitilin curtsied to the Lady Nillicwyed. Please my Lady, won't you join us for dinner. We are just heading there now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:21 am

Nilli greeted the lady of the house most respectfully, but at the mention of dinner had to keep her stomach from rumbling. That, Mylady, is an offer which no traveller would decline. I would be most honoured to take a seat at your tables. She smiled and followed the others to the dining room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Rothar had listen to the curious Lady Nilli the German ambassador, you certainly are welcome to Ayr, Scotland next time you visit.
We happy to meet the lady ambassador from Germany. I certainly extend a invitation for Germany to open up a embassy in Scotland.

Yes, Ayr County is fortunate we have two sea towns, Largs and Girvan, and our Sea port Capital Ayr Capital, along with Muirkirk our only wood town.
We have mountains throughout Scotland, and Ayr county, (or Ayrshire) is centrally located between Glasgow county to the north, and
Galloway county to the south of scotland, bordering England.
The mythical monsters, one of which is the fabled Lochness monster believed to be in Inverness County, a county not created in RK yet.

Ayr the county is rich in iron, stone, gold mines, we produce fish and wood as mentioned above.
Unique goods made in RK scotland is "Cask of Scotland Whisky" for Level 4's to drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next