Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference

Go down 
+5
baldar
diablo
beckiboo11
Marie
Caitilin*
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

World Conference - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 am

Cait grinned at Lord Bonilp. Thank you for the compliment. I would love to visit in the near future. I've heard the region of Tuscany is quite beautiful, sunny and warm. I would also enjoy tasting some of your rich wines, m'Lord.

The Lady of the castle nodded to Lord Brylastar as he entered. She hoped there would be time to speak at length with each and every guest. She took a moment to sit and rest but that moment was to be short lived.

Caitilin rose as the Ambassador from Holland entered. She smiled and offered her hand, Goede dag, Excellentie. Welkom! I hope your journey was pleasant. Cait nodded to Anthony to see to the needs of her Excellency, Lady van Eckhardt Connor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 am

Smiles at to feel "Brunello di Montalcino" the wine produced in her earths, in her Viscontea ...

He looks around at the room is crowded ... for him is a pleasure to attend the conference
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:37 am

Cait wanders over to the side of Giacomo and whispers. Mio Signore, mi perdoni. Lei è tranquilla oggi. Sentitevi liberi di parlare la tua lingua qui. Mi sforzerò di comprendere. Mio marito Baldar parla correntemente italiano e sarà qui a breve. She smiled at the gentleman hoping he would feel comfortable.

[ooc: Translation "My Lord, forgive me. You are quiet today. Feel free to speak your own language here. I will endeavor to understand. My husband Baldar is fluent in Italian and will be here soon."]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Layne smiles, watching the other Ambassadors and Chancellors filter into the room. She reaches for a mug of ale and takes a small sip. Cheers! Lady Caitilin, thank you for organizing this meeting, I think it will be quite beneficial. She took another sip of the fine ale, and then thought it would be appropriate to give a small introduction about her county. The County Palatine of Chester is the smallest county in England. With only three towns, it does present challenges, but that is what makes our county unique. We are currently focusing on Seafaring and expanding our naval fleet at our Western side port.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Machteld smiled at Lady Caitilin, .

Thank you for the warm welcome, Lady Caitilin. This conference is a great initiative of you and your husband. I thank you for the invitation. My Country knows bad times at this moment, after the previous Minister of Trade ran to Flanders, with the treasury and goods. And this week a deal with Finland went wrong. Now we're stuck with 100 wool. Maybe I can make a deal here. But I hope our Minister of Trade can find his way to this conference too.

Maggy wanted to speak to the Chancellor of Champagne, because there was no contact yet between their countries. But first, she went to Sir Rothar.

Nice to meet you, your Excellence. Last week I appointed a new ambassador for Ayr, Sir Leon van Straeten. He will soon arrive at your embassy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Deekay offered his hand to Rothar.

"Excellency it is good to meet you. And thank you. The passing of Gabrielle is a great loss. We often argued - yet we had a great chat in our local tavern only a few weeks ago. She gave me a bottle of her treasured whisky which I will treasure.

I have recently had a new crop of ambassadors appointed, so I have taken personal charge of Stafford's dealings with Scotland."

He whispered

"I have been regularly disappointed at England's attitude toward our northern neighbour. It is time for those on both sides of the border to reassess our relationship."

Clearing his throat, he spoke more loudly

"I hope you will appoint a contact to Stafford, and if you are passing through Ludlow you are welcome in our tavern. I hope to have the honour of buying you a drink. And of course our church is open to all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Va bene, Lady Caitilin ...
Mi domandavo se questa conferenza ha un fine, o sia una riunione di piacere...

Sorride
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Translation wrote:
Giomik88 wrote:
Okay, Lady Caitilin ...
I wondered if this conference has a purpose, or is a meeting of pleasure ...

Smiles

Cait ridacchiò. Sì mio Signore vi è uno scopo. Siamo qui in primo luogo per conoscere e poi si arriverà al argomenti seri a portata di mano. Sono sicuro Signore Baldar sa molto più di questo intento. Vi prego di avere pazienza, per favore, fino a quando non può essere qui.

[ooc Translation: Cait chuckled. Aye my Lord there is a purpose. We are here first to get acquainted and then we will get to the serious subjects at hand. I am sure Lord Baldar knows much more of this intent. I ask for your patience, please, until he can be here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:19 pm

I saw Yiana standing alone, and wanted to welcome her.

Firmly shaking hands with Keridil. Thanks I don't know much about France
I'm afraid, but am always interested in hearing more.

Hands Keridil some Scottish Whisky to try, it's very good.
I wonder where her excellency Caitilin buys all her alcohol from?

Yiana looked a little lost so I thought I'd give her a memory, she wouldn't forget in a hurry. Very Happy

Last edited by Rothar on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Rothar was listening and warmly greets her Excellency, Lady Machteld.
He raises his glass to Lady Machteld,

makes a toast "to good and friendly times ahead"

I'm sorry to hear of your country having hard times.
Still with everything going on around you.
You still found time to visit the conference.

The Ayr people extend well wishes and hopes your country recovers quickly.
Ayr had been through some hard times lately too.
We'd be honored to have a new ambassador from Holland, call upon us.
Will you be attending too?
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Becki took at deep breath then walked into the room of the conference. "Greetings all. I am Beckiboo Montgomery, Ayr counties Ambassador to France. Most people just call me Becki though." At that she smiled at the assembled people and hoped she would come across well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Machteld smiled at Lord Rothar and raised her glass too.

I sure drink to that Sir. To good and friendly times ahead!

Machteld took a nip from the wine and listened to Rothar.

Well my Lord, I understood the importance of attending this conference. That's why I could not afford to stay home.

A beautiful lady came in the room and introduced herself. Machteld greeted her.

Nice to meet you Lady Becki... I'm Machteld, Chancellor of Holland and most people call me Maggy.

Saying this, she smiled and winked at Becki.

@ Rothan: If this is an invitation, I would be glad to visit Ayr too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Yes, of course it's a invitation for
her Excellency to come visit Ayr.
Sometimes travel is good for the soul. Smile

Certainly learn a bit more through enlightenment.

"Rothar smiles, at Lady Machteld, my friends call me Roth".
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Becki smiled at Maggy, "Very nice to meet you. I do hope you will get the chance to visit our home soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Merlyna makes her way here from the sitting room and takes a glass of wine from a passing server as she mingles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Keridil accepted with pleasure to try that drink he did not know : Whisky. His Ambassador affected in Holy Roman Empire often used to talk about that liquid, which eventually was...rrrrshhhh ! Excellent, so he proposed Yiana to try.
Then, the owner of that wonderful place began with a speech, adressing Keridil and his friend.

My Lady Caitlin, I'm very grateful to you for that conference, which I hope will be a opportunity to open our relationship with your contry. Indeed, Orleans is not used to having contact with your Kingdom, and it was for me a special project to open the way. That's what you did and I truly hope I will soon see an English Ambassador in our castle.

Then he bowed.
Soon after, Brylastar came and he joined him.

Excellence ! Je suis content de vous voir. Je n'ai pas encore eu le plaisir de croiser Akane ou un autre diplomate français mais j'imagine fort bien que cela ne saurait tarder. Quel plaisir d'être en un pays étranger, ça change, c'est merveilleux. Et pratiquer l'angloy est si rare...

[Translation : Excellency ! I'm glad to see you. I didn't have the pleasure to meet Akane or another french diplomat yet, but I guess It will soon be the occasion to do so. What a pleasure to be in a foreign country, it changes, it's marvellous. And it's so, so rare to practise english...]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Roberta entered the conference room and saw quite a few people, a few she knew as well. She walked over to Ambassador Deekay.

Hello Ambassador Deekay. It is good to see you again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Quote :
The purpose of this meeting is to come together in friendship, to cement relationships in the world as we know it. Our is hope to get to know one another and to build trust among the nations. Baldar and I offer our home as a place where you can come and discuss economy, trade and defense of our homelands. Please feel free to visit as often as you like. When she finished, Caitilin raised her cup. Cheers!
Health to you all!

I am Plotnik von Liechenstein, Earl of Chilham, Chancellor of the County Palatine of Sussex. We of Sussex are happy to receive any visitors to England at our ports of Dover or Hastings or Canterbury or Lewes. All who come in peace are welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Plotnik

I think we have met once before on other duties, when I was Cumberland Trade Minister.
It's pleasing to catch up with you again, and whilst Sussex is way down South of England
and Scotland way up North. I'm sure that is no trouble at all been friends.

"Rothar, smiles at Plotnik, well have to get you some Scottish Whisky to try.
It comes from Lady Caitilin's best Whisky stock you know." Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:07 am

Deekay greeted Lady Roberta

How good to see you. It feels years since I was in Cornwall

How are you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:35 am

Hi Deekay

I'll be happy to catch up over a couple of beers in Ludlow. Smile
It's nice to get out and stretch the legs. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 am

Many Excellences are coming into the room, and more or less all the northern part of the world are presented here, and he fill that other Diplomatics are coming. No one, with "a little bit of salt in his pumpkin" miss this unrepeatable word meeting. I'm a little bit surprise that only the Repubblic of Siena is present for Italian kingdom, now. he sow that Lord Diablo, introduce himself at the castle gate, but apparently he lose himself in the castle rooms. . .

He observe that all the guest like to taste food and drinks coming from different part of the word, and he decide that this is a good time to look into his backpack. . .

Great lords and wonderful lady,
I bring with me form my country this very excellent bottle of red wine.

And took the bottle from his bugs. . .

his name is "Sagrantino di Montefalco" is a very particular fruited red wine, made only by the Sagrantino grape variety, coming from a very small village, not present in the maps, near Siena.

Saying this word to introduce the wine that he are going to offer to all the Excellences that are present in the conference room, he add some word to manifest his feeling regard the word conference that are going on here:

Our Republic come from an year of war, and this is the first Republic Council elected that have the opportunity to work for all the mandate time. So we very well handstand the importance of living in peace and try to build a different word, of cooperation between each other instead of try to subdue neighbour people and their country. I hope that a new word of cooperation start from this meeting, and I wont to make the same toast made by Lord Rothar:

"to good and friendly times ahead"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:45 am

Yiana accepted the glass of whiskey which proposed her Keridil, and continued to listen to the different conversations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:28 am

Rothar quite enjoy Bonilp's discussion in particular
about the "Sagrantino di Montefalco" a fruited red wine.

"He gestures to Bonilp, would it be okay if I take a
glass of this red wine."
Smiles at Yiana, she seem's to be enjoying it.

Roth swirls wine in the glass around, then takes a sip.
Lets out a hearty laugh, that is a excellent wine !!!

I wonder if I can take a bottle or a case back to my embassy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:31 am

Deekay took a glass of the rich red Tuscan wine

"This is good, your excellency.

I know a little of Siena, with its fine cathedral. The last I heard was a risk of war. I hope you are safe now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next