Castle de StrYke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle de StrYke

Ancient and honourable home of the De Stryke House

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Conference

Go down 
+5
baldar
diablo
beckiboo11
Marie
Caitilin*
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

World Conference - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Le chancelier ducal gascon était arrivé discrètement dans la salle de conférence, juste à temps pour que lui soit soumis le traité par le vice-chancelier anglais Baldar. Les choses sérieuses débutaient, et le jeune homme voyait bien la curiosité inscrite sur les visages des responsables diplomatiques internationaux.
Flavien remercia Baldar d'un sourire, et se plongea sans plus attendre dans la lecture du texte, lorsqu'il aperçut la chancelière béarnaise, qu'il avait déjà eu l'occasion de rencontrer à de multiples reprises. Le gascon se leva, l'ébauche de traité à la main, puis s'avança lentement en direction du coin où Mélian était installée afin d'aller la saluer. Ne voulant pas perturber sa lecture, Flavien attendit qu'elle lève la tête, souriant.

Quote :
Google translation for the benefit of those who do not read French.

Gascon ducal chancellor arrived quietly in the conference room, just in time for the treaty to be submitted by the Vice-Chancellor Baldar English. The serious business began, and the young man could see the curiosity written on the faces international diplomatic officials.
Flavien Baldar thanked with a smile, and sank without further delay in reading the text, when he saw the Chancellor béarnaise, he had already had the opportunity to meet many times. Gascon stood, the draft treaty in hand, then walked slowly toward the corner where Melian was set up to go greet her. Not wanting to disturb her reading, she waited Flavien raises his head, smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:38 am

Yiana hadn't spoken a lot and had rather listened to the various conversations which there had been since the beginning of the conference.
When Baldar presented a treaty, she took a copy and put itself in the reading of this one.
Back to top Go down
beckiboo11

beckiboo11

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Becki took a copy of the document and quietly started reading. "I could agree to this." She thought to herself as she pondered it then just sat quietly to wait for the others to finish reading so that they all could start discussing the details.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Alors qu'elle venait de terminer de lire, elle releva la tête et se rendit compte qu'on la regardait. Le Chancelier Gascon !

Adishatz Excellence ! lui dit-elle sur le ton du murmure pour ne pas déranger les autres personnes dans leur lecture.

Comment allez-vous ?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When she was finished reading, she raised her head and realized someone was looking her. Chancellor of Gascogne !

Adishatz Excellency ! she whispered in order to not disturb others in their reading.

How are you ?
Back to top Go down
Darkogreer

Darkogreer

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Darkogreer decided it was time he entered the meeting at once he so many people from so many kingdoms he smiled thinking to himself with a bit of luck we might get something done here

he then moved towards the centre of the room to see what was happing he saw the international treaty being read he decided he should brush up on the treaty just so he doesn't make a fool of himself

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Machteld also took a copy of the proposed treaty and read it. On first sight, it looked really good. But this she had to discuss with the Council of Holland.

(ooc: A new council is being elected today, 6th December. Hopefully installed on 8th December. Then new discussions can begin.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Rothar met his messenger outside the Castle gates I need
you to send a letter back to Ayr County.

Deliver the Draft Treaty, to Ayr County Council for discussion.
Make sure you send a copy to my embassy.

Comeback with some new clothes for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkogreer

Darkogreer

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:22 pm

My Lords and ladys first of let me say this treaty is the first step to all of our kingdoms working together I hope we can say that in the future that here at Castle de Stryke we made the first pathways to peace to all of Europe. The Author of this Treaty should be Commended for there hard work I am sure we can all agree to this. I would now like to draw everyone's attention to Article VIII I believe that this Treaty should be renewed every 6 months or so as we all know What is best for our kingdoms for our county's and for our Towns change all the time we know this so of course it should only be fitting that our Treatys are able to be changed to serve the best Interest for The people of Europe

Thank You

Darko decides to take a seat near by and to wait for a response from the other Ambassadors and Diplomatic Representatives
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Sythe Morgan, Lancaster's Chancellor and Ambassador for England, entered quietly and took a seat, receiving a copy of the draft before sitting down. He began to read the draft before making any comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 am

Arwen entered the room quietly, begging forgiveness for her lateness.

She was handed a copy of the proposed treaty and her brow furrowed as she read it. She took a piece of parchment from the table and began to write a letter to be sent back to her county. She enclosed the proposed treaty, sealed it and asked for a messenger to take it back to her homeland.

As she passed the letter over she whispered quietly..
be careful lad, the civil war will not make your journey easy. Take care, may jah bless you a safe return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Remmi thinks to himself "Tomorrow I will no longer be duke, but this treaty looks very promising as is."

He leans toward Rothar. "I'm sure Ominus will agree to this treaty. It's very reasonable."

He then sees Arwen and gives her a smile. "Good to see you M'Lady. It's been too long."

"Can I get you a refreshment?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Roberta takes a copy of the document. She glances over it in a quick perusal.

I do not see anything at the moment that I would object to, but I will need to have the Cornwall Council take a look at this. As we have if not the highest percent, then certainly one of the highest percentages of ports per town in England, an International Treaty would be very important to us.

Penning a quick note, she summons a courier and bids him deliver the document to the Cornwall Castle.
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Cait remained quiet and listened to those that spoke around her. She stretched out her hand and took her husband's in hers. She looked up at Baldar and smiled. Well done, my beloved. She raised her glass to him and drank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:11 am

Arwen smiled as she recognised the handsome face of the Duke of Ayr County.

Your Grace, its so lovely to see you again.. indeed it has been far too long.

Whatever you are drinking will be fine, thankyou.

Arwen moved to sit next to Remmi, to catch up whilst everyone else was still discussing the document.
Back to top Go down
baldar
Administrator
Administrator
baldar

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

As people begin to talk, and discuss the treaty, he stands and the voices stopped.

Mi Lords and ladies, as I mentioned before I attended a trade conference in Venice, before the sea lanes were opened, and proposels were made, infact Lord Koicheen of Serbia, was one of the promoters his idea I thought was quiet good, and i would like to give it as an example of how it could be done and modifed for other countries, considering now with sea lanes a similar proposal could be done using land and sea, this would be an idea to take back to the trade Ministers of your countries.

Koicheen wrote:
As we know the West Balkans have very few towns and plenty of nodes. With the County Fair we had some chance of trading on large distances, but with the disappearance of it unfortunately right now it is practically impossible for lets say Venezia and Bulgaria to trade as the costs and the time needed be rather too large burden to overcome. The price of the goods would be too high, and the time to deliver too long, making it inefficient. But if we as the Councils of our respective kingdoms work together, we can overcome this burden.

Lets make an example how would this trade take place. Lets say certain goods such as fish has to reach Venice, from Bulgaria. So Bulgarians and Venetians wish to trade goods, between themselves. For a trader without token it would take at least 18 days, and obviously 18 to come back summing it up to 36 days of travel. Smile Quite long dont you think?

But lets say that in this trade the kingdoms in between would like to help them for a fee.

So lets assume Bulgaria wishes to export its fish. And Venetians want to buy it. Bulgarians have bought it off the markets from all towns and have it in their County Inventory.

--
Preparations. Bulgarians find a trader from Vidin (BT), Serbians trader from Smederevo(ST), and Croatians trader from Rijeka(CT).

Day 1.
BT goes from Vidin to Serbia, just crosses the border.

Day 2
BT receives the Serbian grant with enough money to buy all the fish. And returns to Vidin.
ST goes from Smederevo to Croatia, just crosses the border.

Day 3
BT buys all the fish in Vidin. And goes to Serbia, crosses the border.
ST receives the grant from Croatia with enough money to buy all the fish. And returns to Smederevo.
CT leaves Rijeka to Venice, just crosses the border.

Day 4
BT returns the Serbian grant to Serbia. And his role in the trade is complete. He returns to Vidin.
Serbia issues a grant to a random person, which contains all the fish returned by BT, who then sells fish to ST in Smederevo.
ST leaves Smederevo and goes to Croatia, just crosses the border.
CT receives the grant with enough money to pay for all the fish that he will buy. And returns to Rijeka.

Day 5
ST returns the Croatian grant full of fish to Croatia. And his part in the trade is complete. He returns to Smederevo.
Croatia issues a grant to a random person, which contains all the fish returned by ST, who then sells fish to CT in Rijeka.
CT goes from Rijeka to Venice, just crosses the border. Returns the grant. And his part in trade is complete.

Wow! In just 5-6 days, instead of 36. The goods have reached from places as far as Samakov in Bulgaria to places like Verona in Venice! Isn't it amazing?

Now obviously this plan requires coordinations of at least 3 traders. At least 3 Trade Ministers, at least 3 random persons, and at least 3 Sherriffs. In the best case scenario, and may involve many many more Smile

The fees
Obviously, with such a great cut in expenses, new ones come in place. If we assume that a average trader takes 20 pounds daily wage, this trade would take around 36 *20 = 720 pounds. And time which is of the essence! The fees by traders would be all in all 4 days per trader. And there are 3 traders. Meaning 12 * 20 = 240. So we save 480 pounds with a cut of ONE MONTH in time!

Obviously for the transactions to take place the kingdoms would also need certain amount of money. Which could be further discussed with each kingdom. And may have all sorts of amounts.

But this trade route could go both way, and not just go both way, but strategically spread from as far as Turkey to as far as Bretange. With proper coordination and synchronization among the kingdoms and traders, the good could reach the place in less than two weeks!! And it is very realistic Smile

But this is just the beginning, because the game is being developed and soon we will have all sorts of regional foods and with the proper agreements and connections Valahia could have fresh olive oil from as far as Catalonia, one week after it orders it. As you see, this plan could very well work for regular foods as well as regional foods in future, as it was originally planned. The key issue is that there is an opportunity for easy and fast trading between East and West, since obviously Bosnia, Serbia, Albania have fewer towns and are unable to supply great amounts of goods which may be needed in future.

And as an example, I've discussed with Doge Cangrande and we can try and make one trade between Serbia and Venezia, as an practical and real example, based on this idea during the conference itself.

My Lords and Ladies your ideas, could it work in and between other countries???

Baldar sits down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Viceroy quietly entered the room. He knew he had ran late, but was glad to be invited as a guest. He listened quietly hoping to catch up on some of the discussion. Seeing some familiar faces, he smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Keridil took a copy of the treaty. Being part of the Royal Domain of the King, such as Normandy, Alencon, Champagne and Maine, Orleans will probably not be able to sign a so big project.
He looked at Brylastar, waiting for Akane and his other partners.
Either Val will engage France in its whole entity, or they will propose something between the Royal Domain and England, but whatever happens, they will never be allowed to accept a treaty including more than a country...which is already enormous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 am

The Norman arrived in the famous room, greeted quite the presents of a sign of head, then took a copy of the treaty. Behind her followed certainly, the duchess of Normandy and his ambassador Samael. She tooks place next to Keridil, waiting for the remainder of the diplomatic team of the Royal Domain of France.

Can be managed they to set up treaties for the entity which they represented. At least, she hoped for it …
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:53 am

Doors and doors, corridors and corridors... Finaly, they arrived in the conference room. There already are many people but... Behind Akane, Samael followed her and waiting for an evenement...

During this time, he looked at Akane and whispered her something..

Euh...Tu connais grand monde ici?
Back to top Go down
Caitilin*
Head of House
Head of House
Caitilin*

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:52 am

Cait noticed the arrival of Prince Viceroy. She curtsied to the former Regent. Your Highness, I wish to welcome you to our home. I hope you have been made comfortable. She picked up a goblet of the fine Tuscan wine and offered it to the Prince. It looks like we have good attendance. I believe there are good opportunities for making some friends for England. Cait smiled and tipped her goblet to her lips. Please make yourself at home. We will have a long evening ahead of us.

Seeing the delegation from the Royal Domain of France join them. Dame Caitilin excused herself to greet the Chancellor and her party.

Bienvenue au château de Stryke. J'espère que votre voyage a été bonne. Je suis Dame Caitilin de Lusignon, l'épouse du vice-chancelier. C'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer. Si vous besoin de quelque chose, s'il vous plaît demander. She smiled at the Lady Akane and Samael. Peut-être un verre de vin ou un bon whisky écossais de dissiper le froid de notre climat anglais. She alerted one of the servants to attend to the French representatives. Akane Excellence, permettez-moi de vous offrir une tasse de thé à l'anglaise copieux, peut-être souhaitez-vous plus fort quelque chose?

[Translation: Welcome to Castle de Stryke. I hope your journey was good. I am Dame Caitilin de Lusignon, the Vice Chancellor's wife. It is pleasure to meet you. If you need anything, please ask.

Perhaps a glass of wine or some good Scottish whiskey to dispel the chill of our English weather.

Excellency Akane, may I offer you a hearty cup of English tea, maybe would you like something stronger?]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 am

As the representants of Normandie arrived, Bry seemed releaved and greeted them with a smile. Taking a look at Keridil and then Akane, he approached them and whispered.

Excellency Akane, I am glad you could make it. Do you know if the representants of Alencon and, why not!, Maine will join us?

Going back to the Vice Chancellor's wife, he thanked her.

Excellency, we thank you for your warm welcome; and for this ambitious but visionary treaty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:42 am

Smile on the lips of the brunette. She answered her counterpart.

- Enchantée Dame ! Nous sommes ravis de nous trouver ici, et nous espérons de tout cœur, pouvoir trouver des traités d’entente tous ensemble pour le Domaine Royal ! La route fut assez bonne, et je prendrais bien un thé et une rasade de votre excellent whiskey écossais, cela me rappellera mes origines adoptives… Je vous remercie pour votre accueil et votre français est presque parfait !*

Turning to Samael
- Je ne connais personne quasiment personne içi, à part Son Excellence Keridil, Chambellan d’Orléans.**

Another chancellor of the Royal domain entered, it was Brylastar, of Champagne, which already addressed her.

- I don’t know if Maine will be present during this conference. But I suppose that Alençon will duly be represented by lady Deedlitt. I present you Samael, my ambassador, and the duchess of Normandy should not delay any more...

----------------------------------------------------

Translation in english if necessary :

*- Enchanted Lady! We are delighted to be here, and we hope of any heart, to be able to find treaties of agreement all together for the Royal Domain! The road was rather good, and I would indeed take a tea and one glassful of your excellent scottish whiskey,it will remind me my adoptive origins … I thank you for your welcome and your French is almost completed!

**- I know nobody almost anybody here, except for His Excellency Keridil, Chancellor of Orléans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:20 am

Roth "bows to the Norman Chancellor, Akane". Greetings Your Excellency.

Rothar Rose Chancellor for Ayr Scotland, welcomes Akane to the conference and the various other French heads of state, and their ambassadors.
I have Beckiboo11, who is our Ayr Ambassador for France. Becki is keen to travel to France in a month or two.
I certainly look forward to chatting to everyone and Becki is fluent in french language.

I certainly like to learn a bit in potential trades, and future relations. I hope that is not presumptuous of me.

Notices that several eyes still reading over the treaty, takes a step back.

Last edited by Rothar on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marie
Loyal Family Servant
Marie

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 am

At Lady Caitilin's bidding, Marie appeared at Akane's side with a tray containing a brisk cup of Earl Grey tea and and several glasses of whiskey. She was followed by a serving girl passing around fresh fruits and sweet breads from the castle kitchens.

Last edited by Marie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:05 am

Je vais très bien, je vous remercie, répondit à voix basse le chancelier ducal. Et vous-même ?

Flavien, pendant qu'il discutait avec la chancelière béarnaise, regardait autour de lui. L'agitation se faisait plus grande au fur et à mesure que le temps s'écoulait, et visiblement, le cours des évènements s'accélérait. Peinant à comprendre ce qui se tramait autour de lui, le jeune homme tendit l'oreille en se concentrant, et observa les différents responsables diplomatiques prendre la parole, tentant de déceler le sens de cette mécanique.

Reverso wrote:
I'm fine, thank you, answered in a low voice the ducal chancellor. And yourself?

Flavien, while he was talking with the chancellor from Bearn, looked around him. The excitement made bigger as the time passed by, and apparently, the course(price) of the events accelerated. Having difficulty in understanding(including) what took place around him, the young man tightened(stretched out) the ear by concentrating, and observed the various diplomatic persons in charge speaking, trying to reveal the sense(direction) of this mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Conference   World Conference - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Conference
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next